Announcement: Syncro UI / UX Refresh

I think they’ve agreed to make things more professional and there have been some things changed/removed. If you have more examples that would be helpful.

Did they change the new UI recently? Everything is now left justified and looks awful. Since leaving Facebook I don’t know what is going on with the platform anymore.

Sounds like you may need to clear your cache or something. There was a new navigation bar recently, but that doesn’t left justify everything it just allowed for more tabs to be visible. If you mean the content uses the full width of the page you may need to toggle ‘Full screen mode’ in your user menu. In theory if you’re following the Announcements and Release Notes categories here you should be as up to date as facebook as far as official communication. The nav bar was in Release Notes.

Not using full screen mode. When they first released the new UI this was all centered.

I can confirm that this is screwed up in my tenant as well and is NOT what was originally released. Something needs to be looked at.

I am not sure what happened …

The menu is left aligned by design now.

I like that it uses all available space. It’s funny, it’s something I was hoping would be added for a long time… now that I have it, its taking a bit of getting used to! :rofl:
To the guys with a lot of blank space… I think you just need to add some more tabs.

It’s not that, it’s capped at 9 plus the more, plus the one on the right. I used TM to show 14 tabs to fill out my screen. 4K screens would need probably 18 or more.

It’s not capped at 9. It depends on your aspect ratio of your screen. For example (32:9 monitor) it shows all my tabs without the need for the “More” tab at all:

Well it must have been updated then because it was capped at 9 and didn’t go across the screen, I have SS with both 1080p and 4K where it capped both at 9 and more tabs in More that weren’t show. I used Tamper Monkey to show more, guess I’ll get rid of it then since it’s not needed.

Try it without TM and let me know if it’s working as expected in regard to more tabs.

Bad decision. My wrist hates clicking on the first two menu items. I’m unsure where you all get your feedback, but the centered design made more sense.

There shouldn’t really be much of a difference unless you only typically access 3-4 tabs in your core view. For example, when I have an item from the “More” menu clicked, there wouldn’t be much of a variance if we centered it perfectly:

You can see the issue in my screenshot I posed above. Announcement: Syncro UI / UX Refresh - #85 by cw1

Yeah that’s just due to a lack of additional tabs being visible in your settings.

We’ll continue making improvements based on feedback.

When you were asking about where we get our data from, we get it from user feedback. When we saw a few requests about centering the menu we polled users in our Facebook group, and polled users on which they preferred. 90% voted in favor of keeping things left aligned and keeping the new “more” menu functionality in place. This was out of 119 votes.

Feedback we’ve received through other channels have largely mirrored this breakdown:

It’s more prevalent when you zoom out on your browser or have a smaller screen resolution.

When it was centered this wasn’t an issue. http://g.recordit.co/sszUvjTKSA.gif

1 Like

If it’s that easy to change. Maybe consider making it an option in settings? I can see where power users would want multiple tabs at the top, but we only use Syncro as an RMM. I’d also suggest doing these polls somewhere outside Facebook. I’m no longer a part of that community. The daily complaining was making me dislike the product.

Fair point on FB, but over 3,000 Syncro users still participate in discussions there.

As I mentioned a 90% to 10% split is basically where we see that breakdown for our feedback across the board so far.

I am not saying it’s easy, either. I’m just saying we do in fact listen to feedback, and I actually raised that poll based on some feedback I received and folks that preferred the menu centered, so I wanted to see if it was a 50/50 preference or something much more skewed.

I do get where you are coming from, though. The vast, vast majority of folks on our platform utilize both the RMM and PSA, and the PSA adds significantly more tabs.

I’ve joined the world, and joined FB, so I can be one of the 3000.
I’m still not keen on this multiple channel model of gaining feedback…It increases the levels of information overload due to the number of channels we constantly have to check.

BTW: How many of the 3000 actually voted?
If it was less than 300, then hardly representative.
BTW2: Are those staff as well as business owners?

Having said that, I really love the new menu and UI. I don’t have a bad or good opinion on centred or left aligned Tabs. I would get used to either. So long as the goals of the new UI are that the web page content auto expands to use all the horizontal space of the viewport I’m happy because it will reduce the pointless scrolling (that is inherent) in Syncro MSP to a minimum. We have to have scrolling, but the at the moment it is over the top.
The Tab Menu is a good start in this direction.

BTW: Thankyou so much for the improving the menu to lock the menu to the top of the screen when we scroll. That is a fantastic UI improvement to see. :smiley:

For those who would rather have things centered, a hack would be to put tabs you don’t care about on the left side and then the ones you use the most would get pushed to the center. Just an idea.