To all partners:
Hard to believe that Q3 is already upon us and with that I wanted to share details on what we released in Q2 as well as what to expect this coming quarter.
Looking back at Q2 2023:
- We made investments in the UI/UX of the platform by enhancing the Ticket View and Filter UI for ease of use and responsiveness. We streamlined the filtering and grouping and continued to roll out the new Light and Dark mode color schemes throughout our site for better accessibility. Follow our Syncro UI/UX Refresh Community Post for future updates.
- To continue our focus on the PSA and ticket workflow, we launched Ticket Tags. Ticket Tagging enhances your ticket categorization and prioritization. We will continue to build upon the Tag system to provide additional capabilities within the platform such as customer tags, tag actions and conditions in ticket automations, and expanding tags into reporting.
- We relaunched our Community-Driven Development Track, a program designed for our partners to give feedback to our product & engineering teams. We had a huge number of suggestions and the first official release this week, which was a submission from Brad Otto. We will continue this program and look forward to hearing from all of you on platform improvements that drive benefits to your business.
- Finally, we finished work on the highest severity Rich Text issues such as emails being auto triggered erroneously. We have pushed out additional releases to correct formatting errors.
As we look ahead to Q3:
- Our partners are growing, and we are prioritizing PSA features, including ticketing workflow, integrations, and enhanced remote access functionality based on feedback.
- We will continue to have a strong focus on security internally and within our platform. Syncro will be SOC2 Compliant in Q3 and be able to provide documentation to you as necessary. Within the product, we’ll be expanding our IP restrictions to global admins and working on an OpenID Connect (OIDC) Compliant SSO solution to give you more control over who can access your account. Read more about our security initiatives in our latest blog post here.
- Our team is committed to polishing Rich Text and will resume rollout to all partners in Q3. Follow the known issues board for updates.
- Our Community-Driven Development Track will continue to roll out on a monthly basis and we look forward to all the suggestions that you have for quality of life improvements we can add to the platform.
Please continue to submit feedback on the community forum, in the Facebook group, by email, or during our Ask Us Anything sessions. We read all of the requests and suggestions and take them into account when building our roadmap.
I’ll continue to provide forward-looking product updates in all future quarters and will provide updates in release notes, in app, in the community, and other announcements to keep you updated on our work.
Thank you for your continued partnership!