New 2024 Mobile App Feedback

Hello!!

Didn’t know where the post feedback on the new mobile app… I’ve only used it for a little bit, and the first thing that screams out to me, is the inability to find Assets without them being attached to an alert or to a ticket… Maybe I’m missing something, I don’t know…

Other than that, everything else to a HUGE Improvement.

Thanks Syncro Team!

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I am glad you are seeing the improvements we made there.

Being able to search assets and remotely access them is coming, I just don’t have an exact timeframe for you. For now, it is limited to assets attached to tickets and alerts.

2 Likes

I’m going to borrow your thread for additional feedback on the mobile app. I will say it is nice and responsive and much more usable! Kudos!

Alerts View

• It would be great if the display said the trigger type, date, but instead of / in addition to “(empty)”, if it said what the asset was. As it is, I have to open the alert and scroll to the bottom. If putting the asset there isn’t reasonable, perhaps make it be the top thing you see when you tap the alert to expand it.
  • It would be great if there was a filter for alerts. There are certain things that my in-office techs take care of (AV issues) and others that my on-site techs take care of. It would be convenient to be able to filter accordingly in the app.
  • It would also be cool if there was a search option so that I could find any alerts that might be there for machines or a specific customer that we are on-site at.
1 Like

Thoughts on first look at the app:

• Performance is great. (Thanks!)
  • The sorting/grouping of a ticket filter isn’t honored. I’m not sure if it’s just our Ticket Views, or something everyone is seeing.
  • Not having access to invoices in the app is fine for now. (I could see some shops wanting to be able to create and email an invoice from the app, but we don’t have that need here.)
  • Not being able to select and attach an asset (as bfinley mentioned) to a ticket is going to be a challenge.
  • Being able to Pause a timer would be a great addition and help with web-app parity.

Thanks again. It’s great to see the work the team has done paying off!

• Android version, click a ticket option such as status to bring up the menu then hit back button on phone, the app will go back but the menu will stay on screen until you press cancel (typically back acts like cancel).
  • Using back button when you’re in a ticket brings up the ‘Leave Screen’ dialog even if you didn’t change anything.
  • Using back button when on any of the main screens exits the app instead of going back to the Home tab as I would expect, not a big deal right now but as the app expands I can see this becoming more annoying
  • Custom email, phone number and address should be clickable to launch their respective default apps.
1 Like

That’s good to know because that would be a complete miss for the app if they weren’t there at all.

1 Like
  • Ticket timer entries don’t allow choosing which product. We have several products for different billing scenarios (Remote support, Onsite support, etc.). It doesn’t even select our “Default” product, so every time entry we make, we have to open Syncro on PC, delete the time entry and re-add it.
  • Pause ticket as previously mentioned
  • Ticket view as previously mentioned, also for us it would be great to open the ticket we just created, not go back to the ticket list and scroll all the way to the bottom (as the current view is) to get to the ticket.
  • Access to customer credentials / documentation would be nice to have on the go. Although maybe not suited for a simple app.

All in all though, the design of the app and efficiency it will bring (with some minor improvements) will be a game changer for our business. Happy to finally have it !

1 Like

I am unable to sign in using Android app. So, I click on Sign in button which takes me to auth page after successful sign, I am redirected to Sign in page again with Sign in button.

Hey everyone, we have just posted a notice on on our Known Issues Board regarding login issues some users are experiencing. Our engineers are looking into the issue.

https://community.syncromsp.com/t/psa-syncro-mobile-app-loops-to-the-beginning-of-login-after-entering-credentials/16231

I love this app so many good things

i love in the appointments section that there is a call/location button - that is a gem

if i search the contact from the home screen i would love to have the same buttons in the client view, at the moment there is no way to even highlight the phone number making calling a client from this section of the app quite difficault.

I truly see this being a game changer for my onsite technicians

1 Like

The app being able to search and remotely access assets would be a huge improvement. +1 to this suggestion.

Ditto. I just contacted support about this since I couldn’t find this thread until now. The FIRST thing I tried was to remote into a machine and couldn’t find it for the life of me. I started looking around and found that I could connect to a machine if there is an Alert. And then when trying to find a client, the list is not alphabetized and appears to be listed in the order they were added to Syncro. The TWO main things I’d need from the App and they don’t work. Tickets and Alerts are nice and maybe I’ll use them more, but I just don’t run my business that was a one-man shop. Here’s hoping remote will be better though in the end, I am mostly going to be using remote from a full computer which I’m at 90% of the time. Remote from a mobile is a nice to have feature, but I guess for now, this App doesn’t really give me anything that I didn’t know I needed.

I agree the customer list having a sort preference would be helpful and alphabetical would make a more sensible default. But I just used the search at the top to find customers and was happy. Remote onto a client asset will be good when Assets are exposed separately but its likely to only be an adhoc thing in an emergency.

The sorting of lists being similar to the desktop app would be great. The ticket sort by ticket number and the pinned views not respecting the same settings that you have in the browser is the main issue for me.

Definitely something that I would find useful if on site or out of the office and needing a piece of info or to check on something. Adds to the toolkit and hopefully will iterate to a better app but I have seen a lot worse RMM mobile apps.

I guess it’s just the OCD in me that likes to see lists sorted. :slight_smile: My online accounting program always sorts the list Z-A! WHY!!! LOL If you’re going to sort, why not do A-Z? I can see dated entries sorted newest to oldest, but name. nah

That’s the other thing that comes to mind. Since we can’t pick a machine manually, how are we supposed to get the inventory? It would be nice to have out phone or tablet near us to look things up as a second pane of glass but that’s not doable yet.

I’m happy that a new version is out and I hope it gets new features fairly quick. It feels like a beta version and if so, then why not create a portal for those “testing” the new version to be able to report on the bugs and missing features, etc?

Looks good start, things would be good to see, some more important than others

**Cannot view/add contacts on tickets,
Cannot add/view existing assets to tickets or view assets/see assigned contacts to assets
Cannot see locations on appointments or call numbers or addresses (perhaps just IOS)
Cannot copy/paste from existing ticket text,
**No view of existing notifications
Alerts not working (at least for us it just spins).
Viewing attachments such as PDFs do not work.
Modify pricing on charges
Cannot delete tickets
Cannot add attachments to ticket replies, photos etc.
Cannot change customer on ticket

1 Like

2nd wierd thing from me

I opened up the app this morning at 7:30 am

And looked at upcoming appointments - my 8:00am appointment wasn’t there - it was in my past appointments .

I suspect this might be a timezone problem - not sure how to fix it.

Make sure that you have uninstalled the old app and try again :+1:

1 Like

I posted this elsewhere but the inability to enter more than circa 250 chars into the ticket entry field is causing grief.

1 Like

Just wanted to add my own feedback too

The ability to remote control endpoints is so nice, but not being able to browse any/all assets for a company isn’t great, I hope this is added soon.

I am loving the functionality and speed though, great work! I look forward to the app improvements that will surely be coming :slight_smile:

1 Like
  • Unable to modify Ticket title within iOS app.

I saw that the feature is coming, but adding to the things that should be supported.

• Should be able to search assets within app, to identify assets onsite with data such as IP address, Hostname, Service tag/Serial number
  • Add assets to ticket within app
  • Change contact assigned to ticket, so that email addresses can be adjusted while mobile onsite, to facilitate change of communication. ex: change from user1 contact to manager contact to be able to email for work approvals.
  • Change customer assigned to ticket ex: ticket comes in from lead/Dummy account, reassign to correct customer while away from a PC.