The December CyberDrain Community Event Is Now Live!

Our monthly CyberDrain scripting event is now live! This is where you can submit your custom PowerShell script ideas, we pick our two favorites, CyberDrain writes them, and we add them to our Community Script Library. This post will remain open for 24 hours.

Remember, please be concise but specific in what you want the script to do specifically.

1 Like

Integrate with MS 365 to be able to download all users as contacts into Syncro.

6 Likes

Intel raid RST check
Temp check for cpu

6 Likes

This is really more of an integration and not something we could realistically accomplish with a PowerShell script.

Make a script that checks for a program and returns the machine name or an alert etc. Context: Software report shows 4 instances of a program in an company…there is no way to know what computers those 4 are though.

2 Likes

The big thing to remember is that Syncro Scripts run on endpoints and should probably only be expected to do in Syncro what is allowed through Syncro’s Powershell module (basically can read most data from Syncro but can only write back to asset details).

Your idea for integrating MS 365 comes up a lot but unfortunately would be a bad idea to do from a syncro script unless you had your own integration server that you run your scripts on, which is not the typical use case.

a script that takes a PrinterName, IP address and top ~5 manufacturer. then installs the printer on the machine with a manufacturer-specific generic driver. i.e. HP, Brother, Ricoh, Konika, Cannon

3 Likes

So you would have like a list of apps in a variable or something, this script would scan for the software in question, and throw an alert against the asset(s) when detected? Making sure I get the scope right.

Is the script pulling driver location data from variables or something? Or how are you envisioning it knows what drivers to pull from where?

A PowerShell script that queries the laptop battery heath and logs a ticket if battery capacity is below “X”% of original spec of the battery. I assume this will utilize powercfg /batteryreport to some extent.

5 Likes

When you put it that way, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

1 Like

A list would be even easier, but I was thinking just a single app. For instance, I have an old version of a CRM tool running on one of the machines in a 100 user environment right now. I have NO idea which one it is. (Ideally the “1” in the software report would just be clickable… but that’s not the case right now.

1 Like

Script to utilise PersonalizationCSP to download and set a desktop wallpaper background and lock screen background from URLs. The script should also allow us to specify the style (Fit, Fill, Stretch, Span etc) and then to (optionally) allow the user to change the backgrounds later if they wish.

(I have a script that sets images from a URL, but I’ve not been able to add the style and allow the user to change it).

1 Like

A script that we can use for auto remediation of application crashes that displays which application crashed. If the application is in a defined (by us) list - either as part of the script or preferably as a custom field per customer, then the alert is cleared as irrelevant. Otherwise, it is as annoyingly in our face as possible, lol, so that we can proactively (prior to customer call) start to address the issue.

3 Likes

A script that we can use for auto remediation of Device Manager Issues that displays which device has had an issue. If the device is in a defined (by us) list - either as part of the script or preferably as a custom field per customer, then the alert is cleared as irrelevant. Otherwise, it is as annoyingly in our face as possible, lol, so that we can proactively (prior to customer call) start to address the issue.

1 Like

A script that we can use for auto remediation of HDD Fragmentation that determines if the HD is a spinner of SSD. If the HD is a SSD the alert is cleared as irrelevant. Otherwise, it creates a ticket, schedules a defrag at a the time variable (that we supply) and clears the ticket as resolved.

good question, I have a script that does this, but I manually extracted the INF driver files and put them in a zip - wonder if there is a way to automate that, not really I guess unless the manaf have downloads of just the inf files and not huge packaged EXE files. I guess I could share my script, but same as the issue you highlighted - a automated scaleable way to source the inf files publicly

This would be really neat if it could leverage the computer reports section. I’ve always wanted to be able to add meaningful information about an asset in this way.

A search script is not a bad idea, typically when I find myself in your situation, I’ll make a saved asset search find devices with the specific app and version take care of them and clear the search.

Super easy to do, powercfg can output to xml and powershell can read and handle it. We have it just updating a custom asset field. which is ok, but since all asset fileds are strings, sorting is garbage. But generating an alert if you can decide what percent you want to target would fix most of that.