The December CyberDrain Community Event Is Now Live!

This is cool. I like this one a lot.

1 Like

So still trying to nail down the scope here. So you might have a script variable that takes a single app name and then the script runs against all your assets and throws alerts or whatever when the presence of that app is detectedā€¦ that is what you are looking for right?

Yes, but maybe not running against all assets, maybe can check a variable field for the application name and run only on assets clicked (like other scripts in that way)

From variables would work. Either as files in syncro or as referenced in unc paths locally

I donā€™t think this one is super realistic. It would require constant updates to the included models and driver matches, etc.

Yes, understood. I just meant that is the ultimate goal right, search assets (whatever targets you want) and scan for a single piece of software by (I assume) partially matched names, and if a match is detected then throw an alert, right?

Cloud Radial might be your answer here - i use ths it integrate with Syncro and it pulls all users into their system which then syncs with SyncroMSP users. So anytime i setup a user in O365 it syncs to Cloud Radial which syncs to Syncro.

Have a look here:
https://tminus365.com/automating-microsoft-365-documentation-in-syncro/

1 Like

The ability manage and monitor third party products that arenā€™t offered through syncro Such as Backup, AV and other status updates if you use 3rd party products outside of Syncro. Upon remote connection automatically open a ticket and start timer and end timer upon disconnect and lock PC. I know thereā€™s an asset activity audit report so some of this is being done already.

1 Like

Iā€™d like a script that runs on a PC a hourly that checks the BitLocker status. If it is suspended or disabled, it would throw an RMM alert.

Iā€™m not 100% sure that this is possible, but would like an RMM alert if a UPS battery is low (if connected via USB).

1 Like

Isnā€™t this essentially built into Windows 10?

1 Like

I think Syncro really needs to improve updates and that whole process.

So any sort of scripting could possibly be a huge improvement

Windows update control and logging! Anything would be great!

Or just any sort of logging and current update status. Missing update search?

1 Like

Yep, sounds like a good recap

Iā€™d like a script that would alert me if a processor runs under 1GHz (I see issues with throttling for heat, the battery performance slider in laptops or other problems).

Maybe a simple script, but would love one that checks current time and alerts if the system time is wrong (either wrong timezone or just off somehow). And would LOVE to be able to then set the timezone too!

1 Like
Import-Module $env:SyncroModule

$a = Get-WmiObject -Class cim_processor -Property "CurrentClockSpeed" 
if ($a.CurrentClockSpeed -lt 1000) {
    Rmm-Alert -Category "cpu_speed_low" -Body "CPU Speed is throttled below 1GHz. Current speed is: $($a.CurrentClockSpeed / 1000)GHz"
} else {
    Close-Rmm-Alert -Category "cpu_speed_low" -CloseAlertTicket "true"
}

edit - Submitted to the community library.
edit2 - Sorry if I stepped on any toes here. I already had a similar script started.

A script that can schedule a task to wake the asset at a specified time. That way, we could tell all assets of a cutomer to be awake at 3am, then schedule a restart to happen shortly after to apply updates etc

1 Like

Thanks everyone for all your submissions! Weā€™ll announce winners here shortly, and then weā€™ll get them off to CyberDrain to be written.