New CyberDrain Scripts Available In Our Community Library

Hey everyone! We’ve added some new scripts from CyberDrain into our community library today:

1.) Monitor DHCP Pool Status

Monitors the DHCP pool on a Windows DHCP server.

2.) Monitor Hyper-V Replication

Monitors Hyper-V replication for critical errors or warnings.

3.) Restart Hyper-V Replication

Restarts Hyper-V Replication for VMs with an incorrect state.

4.) Monitor Windows Firewall

Monitors the Windows firewall for both allowed traffic and enablement.

Is there anyway we could also get some basic instructions with these? As it happens I just rolled out my first Hyper V Server with 2 VM’s on it which replicates to another server onsite.

Do I run this script on the Host? The 2 Guests? The replication partner?

I tried running it on the Host since that makes the most sense to me, and I got an instant alert that it found 4 errors, but no futher info. I have no way of knowing what the error details are.

If you check the script description, Kelvin usually links to his blog where he has additional details about the script.

You’re right, and I admit I did not notice that. But now that I have gone to the blog, it does not mention which machine to run it on.

Also this is what I get in Syncro:

Script output: Call-KabutoApi: success

Then if I go looking for an alert (it does not send me one) I see:

2 Critical replication issues have been found

No links to further info, nothing. I’ll admit I am a complete novice when it comes to scripting so maybe these are simple questions, but if these are being presented as a benefit of our service, I think it would make sense to do some quality vetting like (I believe) you do for the commuinity submitted scripts.

As it is this one is providing no useful information.

You’d be running them on the host as you suspected. The VM has no way of know its replication status.
There is no output other than rmm alerts (if needed), so the script output is as expected.
You should be able to see more information on the errors on the replication tab of the vm in the hyperv manager or probably more helpfully in the event logs under “Applications and Services Logs”, “Microsoft”, “Windows”, “Hyper-V VMMS”
Unfortunately the CyberDrain scripts are in general very bare-bones and more proof of concepts than full-featured scripts IMO. I don’t think I’ve ever left one as is.