Is there a way to get notified when a computer comes online?

I have a couple of computers that may have been stolen and I would like to receive a notification when they show up online at Syncro.

Is this possible?

Yeah queue a script against the asset and when it comes back online the script will fire. You can have it throw an RMM alert or send out an email or whatever is needed there.

1 Like

Thanks! I will give it a try.

1 Like

What is the max time for script timeout? Laptops can be offline for weeks or more. In this case just run the script every x hours?

If alert device offline set to auto resolve, you can trigger on that email in outlook to send sms or create outlook alerts is how I do it.

Scripts stay queued forever I think, many months at least. I have offline asset alerts set to auto remediate with a script to email me (could be ticket or alert or sms), once they come online it runs.

I setup a simple script that would email me when an asset was online, queued, and it worked perfectly.

Can you share the script?

Import-Module $env:SyncroModule -WarningAction SilentlyContinue

Send-Email -To "youraddress" -Subject "$assetname ($customername) is now online" -Body "$assetname ($customername) is now online<br><a href=https://yoursubdomain.syncromsp.com/customer_assets/$assetid>Open Asset Page</a>"
4 Likes

My script is similar to that one. Cheers!

Brilliant! This would make a good post to community scripts.

isaacg

10d

Import-Module $env:SyncroModule -WarningAction SilentlyContinue

Send-Email -To "youraddress" -Subject "$assetname ($customername) is now online" -Body "$assetname ($customername) is now online<br><a href=https://yoursubdomain.syncromsp.com/customer_assets/$assetid>Open Asset Page</a>"

I copied this script and changed the variables as necessary. I revived and email, but The subject and body both say “() is now online” and when I click the link to view the asset page, it takes me to https://mytenant.syncromsp.com/customer_assets/

Any ideas why?

1 Like

You must have not set the variables right:

That’s exactly what was wrong. Thanks!

Hi there,

A bit different from topic, but is there a way to send email alerts to customers when a device goes offline?

Yes, using Automated Remediations.

Thanks for that. I’ll give it a go.

Hi,

I want this email into my MS Teams webhook.
Please help.

Hi Andy,

This script work for us and send a email in outlook with asset name and customer name.
Can you please help me to forward the same information to MS Teams webhook.

Thanks in advance!

Sure, if you have it funneling through Automated Remediation, then you can just set the action to use “post to MS Teams.” That will appear once you’ve integrated Teams, which can be done in the App Center of your Syncro instance.

Thank you for your assistance.

To clarify, I have created a script that sends an email notification when my asset is back online. However, I would like to receive this email notification in my MS Webhook instead.

Unfortunately, the script does not have the capability to send the email notification to the Webhook.
Any idea?