Splashtop Update request screen showing on clients machines (Shouldn't this be silent install?)

Can this app be added to the app updates list for policy? I haven’t got around to trying this, but wondered if adding it in a app update list would just update it, thus never needing to show this message in user land, and it’s silent install from SyncroMSP and the update automatically done in the background… :thinking:

This looks like the technician prompt, not the clients. There is no “Splashtop for RMM” that’s installed on the client side, only the Streamer, which is used by all versions.

1 Like

Exactly what @Jimmie said. :octo_cool:

The software Syncro admins and techs use to view remote machines will show a prompt. Software on the client side should update silently.

2 Likes

Gooooot cha got cha, I mistakenly took this as the client app, but must have had the tech side app installed on it too. Thanks!

1 Like

We have a lot of client laptops with the viewer installed and our users aren’t local admins. i whipped this up to address the install and update of the viewer: SCT-Syncro/Install-SplashtopViewer.ps1 at main · SkyCampTech/SCT-Syncro (github.com)

i’ve tested it on a few machines and it seems to be working with installs and updates.

1 Like

I went with a simpler approach. This can be used to reinstall the streamer in case there’s an issue with it as well as update it to the latest version.

Import-Module $env:SyncroModule
$workingdir = "c:\temp"
$url = "https://my.splashtop.com/csrs/win"
$file = "$($workingdir)\streamer.exe"

# Test if the working directory exist
    If(!(test-path $workingdir))
        {
        New-Item -ItemType Directory -Force -Path $workingdir
        }

# Download
    Invoke-WebRequest -Uri $url -OutFile $file

# Install
        start-process -wait -Filepath $file -ArgumentList "prevercheck /s /i hidewindow=1"
        Start-Sleep -s 3
        Write-Host "Deleting Installer"
        Remove-Item -path $file