How to script installation of Splashtop for RMM (tech client)?

Does anyone have the right command to silently install the RMM client?

I am trying to automate workstation setup for our technicians as much as possible, and part of our SOE is to have the Splashtop for RMM client installed (you know, the one you get prompted to install every time you click on “Remote Access” for an asset in Syncro…).

If I download the installer from https://my.splashtop.com/rmm/win and run it from a script with no arguments, it presents an installation screen to the currently logged in user, then an error about the installer being invalid.

If I run it manually, it installs correctly.

I have tried running with /s for silent install, and the installer executes (I can see it in task manager), but nothing on screen, and nothing actually gets installed. I feel like there is another command switch required to tell it to actually install.

We use byo Splashtop and this cmd silently installs for us.

c:\temp\streamer.exe prevercheck /s /i dcode=<YOUR_SPLASHTOP_CODE>,confirm_d=0,hidewindow=1
1 Like

Thanks, I see that’s also the Splashtop recommended method for the business edition here.

I modified the command to remove the dcode since it doesn’t exist in the RMM client, but no dice. The command executes the installer, but then it exits with no message and no installation.

This is the command I am using to test:

Splashtop_RMM_Win_INSTALLER_v3.4.6.1.exe prevercheck /s /i confirm_d=0,hidewindow=1

I tried a couple of variations of the options but I can’t seem to it to actually install.

It’s not a major problem to install the RMM client manually, I just like to automate things where possible :slight_smile:

not sure if you ever found a solution to this, but this script should do it: SCT-Syncro/Install-SplashtopViewer.ps1 at main · SkyCampTech/SCT-Syncro (github.com)

that will handle both installs and updates (checks version number). At some point I’ll try to figure out a way to have it check installed vs latest version in an automated way so it doesn’t have to download the installer first, but it’s only about 30MB

Nice Craig, thanks.

If only there was a way for you to share that to the community through Syncro…

The Streamer is the same for all the versions of ST. This installs the streamer without attaching it to an account, so that it works with the RMM version. It also updates it as well.

$workingdir = "c:\temp"
$url = "https://my.splashtop.com/csrs/win"
$file = "$($workingdir)\streamer.exe"

# Test if the working directory exist
    If(!(test-path $workingdir))
        {
        New-Item -ItemType Directory -Force -Path $workingdir
        }

# Download
    Invoke-WebRequest -Uri $url -OutFile $file

# Install
        start-process -wait -Filepath $file -ArgumentList "prevercheck /s /i hidewindow=1"
        Start-Sleep -s 3
        Write-Host "Deleting Installer"
        Remove-Item -path $file
1 Like

I recently ran into a situation where the Syncro install for some reason did not install Splashtop and am presented with the error, “Splashtop configuration incomplete.” I am using Splashtop as provided by Syncro.

Has anyone seen this and know how to resolve it?

Did you try my script?

I did not…when I read it the first time and saw “without attaching it to an account” I did not think that would work for me. When I read it again, I see that you mention that works for the RMM version. I did not immediately think it applied. I will give it a shot. Thank you!

:slight_smile: I just meant it wasn’t going to attach it to a Business account like BYO, but it does work for installing for use with RMM, or updating for any version.