Mac Agent Update (1.0.409)

I’m still getting no such bundle identifier, after trying to piece together all of the above

sudo tccutil reset SystemPolicyAllFiles com.syncromsp && sudo syncro restart

Basically I also have a client that says no full disk permissions set yet when I go into the settings it has full disk checked for SyncroMSP. Have also tried unchecking it and browsing to the program in /Library and then setting it and it still doesn’t think it’s set.

It’s also tried reinstalling the agent too.

@Andy

Yeah I appear to be having the same issue, it displays as being enabled in the setting but not on the Syncro Agent

Have you opened a ticket yet with all of those details? If so, can you please send me the ticket number? If not, can you please do so? We are trying to get more data on this since it seems to be a rare occurrence and not a global one.

1 Like

@Andy

Hello Andy,

Thanks for the reply I have created a ticket and it’s #89538

1 Like

@Andy

I downloaded the newest agent version and tried to install the agent on the same Mac as before and I am still getting the same issues. I am attaching a picture of what we see here. When the installer comes up, we click Enable on the button in the installer, it opens the Privacy window, I click the check box on SyncroMSP and the Enable button never recognizes that it is selected, so it never turns to Allowed.

You can see in the picture that it does work with Screen Recording. When I select enable and check the box in that section, the button turns to Allowed! right away. Never happens with Full Disk Access.

My ticket number with support has been open for a few weeks. Ticket number 88184.

@mike This is still being investigated. We were able to repro it on a physical machine and the engineers are working to determine the root cause, because it’s very rare in comparison to the number of successful installs. No eta yet.

I do have the same issue with about 20 Macs, 2 out of the 20 pass that and then when I am trying to log in to it it says " The session password is incorrect. Please try again."

That’s a sync issue, it will either clear on it’s own, or you can try restarting the service, or restarting the system.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer, I did restart the system multiple time and same issue, I will wait on it and see if it will sync correctly

Ali

Ticket open since the 14th of January (88197), sent lots of details and images. Any thing new on this yet? Thanks

Devs are still working on clearing a few edge cases.

More than just a few edge cases. Most of my Macs won’t install properly as it is not recognizing the full disk access, even though I have give it. Installed another one yesterday and it did the same. Sent email to support updating ticket.

It’s definitely more than a few, I stopped deploying because it was making me look bad to clients. I have one Monterey machine which is my own that is currently working. My High Sierra, and Mojave machines aren’t working. I am going to upgrade the Mojave one to Catalina today to see if I can make that work. I was excited when this was finally launched but it probably should not have been. I’ve worked mainly with Macs for a long time so I am familiar with these settings as well.

Out of all the deployments we have out there a small minority are seeing issues. Those issues are legit, though, and our engineers are continuing to work through them.

It would be great if we had a way (maybe a script) to push Splashtop manually. I have tried all the suggestions but on two assets I manage for the life of me I cannot get ST to deploy. One deployed originally but seemed to have a different version because it wanted login credentials and in the preferences even had a sharing section. I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled, move from policies with and without ST enabled but it seems that when it doesn’t deploy it just doesn’t deploy. It seems trivial to not have a way to force the install or have access to an installer to do it manually vs spending hours trying to resolves this seemingly basic issue of ST simply installing after installing the agent. It shouldn’t be this difficult.

The switching policies trick doesn’t work from ST. You wouldn’t want Syncro accidentally uninstalling the Streamer if it’s used by the Business edition. I have scripted a reinstall for Windows, but haven’t scripted anything for Mac. My Windows script uses a URL for the download, the DMG URL is https://my.splashtop.com/csrs/mac

This has the commands for the Mac install. On the Windows version, I do not need the d code command line, so you shouldn’t need the -d and -w commands. This assumes that they coded the Mac installer consistent with the Windows installer.

I’m only using the Syncro RMM version of ST. That one asset never had ST installed previously which is why I found it odd that it had what appeared to be a different version installed. Is that DMG link for the Business version or the RMM version for Sychro?

I need a way to force Syncro to push that installer because I’ve had no success and spent too much of my time and both end users time reinstalling the agent hoping at some point ST will be pushed to them.

Thanks

Every version of ST uses the same Streamer (client). The RMM Viewer can use the Streamer that is registered to a business account, or it can use one that’s not tied to an account. The DMG link will work with all versions, just don’t use the dcode and it will be ready for RMM only.

Thanks Jimmie, very much appreciated!

One of two down!

I’m having an issue where I had to reinstall the OS and when I install and set everything up in the privacy settings it never shows up in the companies computer list. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled a few times and it just never shows… usually it shows up and I approve it and away I go.