Changing from one Syncro Provider to another

So we are changing our IT provider and bringing it in house.
We would like to keep using syncro as our RMM tool, but we are having some issues rolling out new agents

We get and error “the specified account already exists” and it will not install the agent through .msi or .exe

Any suggestions? we would really like to have both agents on there until we have everything setup and ready to go

Thanks

You can’t have two Syncro agents installed at the same time. Most RMM’s don’t allow this. Some remote access programs like ScreenConnect do.

OK so how do you get syncro to pull/push the correct ID

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\RepairTech\Syncro\UUID is the location of the unique ID, if that’s what you’re asking. The uninstaller doesn’t remove that so if the agent is reinstalled you don’t get duplicate assets, but I suppose if another company that also uses syncro tries to install their agent it could cause the error, in which case you need to delete it.

Not syncro. Screenconnect

Don Hartung, CEO
H3Systems, LLC
707-287-7376

Not sure what you’re asking for. If you want Syncro to integrated with ScreenConnect use the integration in the Syncro Apps Center and follow the instructions.

The issue is when I launch screenconnect from SyncroMSP it opens the first device on the “all devices” list.
This did not happen with the self hosted screenconnect I was using and only started when I changed the account in Syncro to my cloud account.

Also when I open screenconnect directly no problem.

Connect wise support said to talk to you.

Don Hartung, CEO
H3Systems, LLC
707-287-7376

I’m not a Syncro representative, and I’m not familiar with that particular issue so I’d suggest you contact support directly. They may need to reset something for your account internally.

The ID that is in your screenconnect link for that asset in Syncro, does it match what is in screenconnect?

The ID in Syncro and ScreenConnect show the same. CW said to contact you.

You’re talking to users, not Syncro and this is someone else’s thread about migrating Syncro agents, not ScreenConnect. I’d open a ticket with support.

1 Like

Yeah, definitely just mostly users here :). I will say though, the remote session link syncro gives you is just “https://yourscreenconnectinstance/Host#Access/All%20Machines//ScreenConnectIDofPC/Join”. Which then just opens a browser link and connects to that PC. There isn’t any more on the “integration” really. So you should be able to follow the link Syncro takes you to and pull up the machine without any issues. The device it opens up is whatever ID is matched up to that PC generally, so you can try copy/pasting the same link Syncro gives you and see what results you get.