Taking Over From Another MSP, Also Using Syncro

Possible duplicate of Uninstall and Reinstall Syncro Script and Changing from one Syncro Provider to another
but I don’t see a satisfactory answer.

I’m taking over a client from an MSP who also uses Syncro. The old MSP is cooperating,

I’m thinking I’ll just have the old MSP uninstall Syncro (by deleting the assets), then run my own Syncro installer.

Questions:

• Will this work? Anything to watch out for?
  • What if, for some reason, the old MSP can’t help out? I’m thinking I’ll need to run the Syncro UUID uninstaller script, then run my own installer

Anyone been through this before? Let me know! Thanks.

Hi Tim! That should work. If you need a UUID uninstaller there’s one at the bottom of the page here: https://help.syncromsp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053275574-Assets-Duplicated-or-Reporting-Incorrectly

The agent does pretty well with uninstalls/reinstalls, so it should go smoothly.

We just took over a client from an MSP using Syncro. For us the transition went pretty smooth. I think we may have had to run the Syncro uninstall from control panel on a couple machines, but we did not have any issues with UUIDs.

Thank you both. Will report back how it goes.

1 Like

I’m late, but everything worked out fine.
The old provider uninstalled Syncro by deleting the assets on his end.
I installed our Syncro, no issues whatsoever. Didn’t need to use UUID uninstaller or anything.

1 Like

Thank you Tim, I am glad everything went well!