Important Update and Transition at Syncro - A Message from Ian

Hey folks - As many of you know, I’ve been doing this for a long time. Back in 2011, I co-founded RepairTech to automate the computer repair process and provide a lightweight RMM tool. RepairTech eventually merged with RepairShopr in 2017, which led to launching Syncro later that year. Over that time, I’ve held many roles: CEO, COO, and Channel Chief - but my favorite title has been “Co-Founder”. I love learning, and that title has enabled me to constantly be out of my comfort zone, which is where I like to be. I have been lucky enough to do everything from writing code and working on product, to building out our sales, marketing, and customer success teams, to doing strategic partnerships and going to conferences. I’ve also had the incredible opportunity to work with amazing people, both fellow team members at Syncro, and also our MSP and Industry Partners. Now, in my 13th year, the company has grown to over 100 employees and has excellent leadership in place that I trust. And my life is significantly different than it was back in 2011; I’m married and have a young son and two dogs, and my hamstrings get sore when I play basketball. I’ve worked a lot over the past 13 years, and I’d like to spend more time with my family, so I’m announcing my transition to a strategic advisor role at Syncro. I will still have a pulse on what’s happening at the company, but will be handing the Channel Chief reins over to Tim Lasonde. I’m more than happy to answer any questions you might have, as I’ve known you all for a long time and can appreciate that you might be concerned about changes. Please know that I wouldn’t make this change if I didn’t have complete trust in the folks on the team at every level. If anyone wants to reach out, I’m always available via LinkedIn :slight_smile:

Have a good one,

Ian Alexander

20 Likes

Happy for you man! Having a family has a way of changing your priorities. Good for you for taking more time for your family. I’m sure they will appreciate it.

3 Likes

Good luck Ian, we really appreciate the work you’ve done here.

What an awesome post. Ian I wish you the best. Parenthood does take a lot from you and you have built this to where it is, your time is needed with your family now. Go and be the amazing dad, partner, and amazing family member that you deserve to be. Best of luck in your new role, and I almost half expect you to be back as CEO in a short time. Thank you!!!

I am also now a dad, may the force be with you!

Good luck, super glad you CAN make the transition. Have always been appreciative of your frank and honest communication.

Good for you and family is the most important thing in the World. I’ve got 5 kids. To be honest, I was a little scared that the title meant Syncro was being purchased by Kaseya. I just left them and was grateful for the breath of fresh air here at Syncro and was relieved that this just meant you were moving to a different role rather than the company being purchased.

Thank you and Good luck!

I remember about 11 years ago, signing up to Syncro when I first started my MSP. Spoke to you personally quite a bit, and was even part of the Slack Channel with your senior users and dev team. What a long way it has come.
Family always has to come first! Enjoy it! You deserve it…

Great job on what you’ve built already, Ian! Congratulations and good luck in this new season!

Spend time doing the things that matter most.

Ian, I transitioned from Repairshopr to Syncro about 2 months after Syncro started up. I remember chatting with you directly before I switched over. Syncro, more than any other product besides Teamviewer, helped me grow my business in the right direction. Thank you for founding this transformative product! I hope Syncro stays true to its roots…

1 Like

Much wholesome, very nice

Congrats, you are having the dream of several people, more time with family and your company growing!

Congratulations on your well-deserved sea change! Enjoy this exciting new chapter of your life.