Asset Purchase Date and Warranty Expiry Date

Is there any way to add these 2 fields to an asset that will also show up in an asset report?

I have added those 2 custom fields to my assets, but first off, I can only edit them by going into Edit in the Asset properties, rather than being able to change them with a clickable field in the Asset list, so adding the info will be tedious.

But still, I would probably be willing to do that work one time and keep up with it if I could find a way to have that info come out on Asset reports. But I can’t find a way to do that.

I have clients ask all the time for updated asset reports that ususally lead to more sales for me. I find myself manually inputting the purchase date and warranty expiry date.

There has to be a better way!!

You should be able to view custom fields in the List blocks of both the Internal and Executive Summary Reports. Let me know if that solves the issue.

The info is there in the report which is nice, but it looks like the only export option is PDF. I like to exort to CSV so I can markup and manipulate the reports.

Is there any way that I would NOT have to manually enter the data? I know N-Able used to pull Warranty expiry data from Dell so I know it is possible.

Not natively, but if you had an app that was pulling this data elsewhere it could definitely add/update your asset records (or whatever record type, really) through the API.