Anyone know how to fix this problem?
We want to use our own SMTP mailbox for Syncro emails (On Office 365) but getting
SettingStore::Smtp is marked as readonly no matter what we try. I have verified everything is correct. MFA is disabled for this account, AUTH-SMTP is enabled, no IP blacklist, password is correct etc…
Do you have Syncro rights to make that change?
Try un-checking “Use your own SMTP…”, save, re-checking?
I’m also getting the same issue, did you solve this?
For me, it’s Test running, please await results…
Same exact issue and scenario for me unfortunately.
Got word from Syncro that they are looking into this now… fingers crossed
Use the Microsoft 365 admin center to enable or disable SMTP AUTH on specific mailboxes
- Open the Microsoft 365 admin center and go to Users > Active users .
- Select the user, and in the flyout that appears, click Mail .
- In the Email apps section, click Manage email apps .
- Verify the Authenticated SMTP setting: unchecked = disabled, checked = enabled.
- When you’re finished, click Save changes .
P.S. It can take up to 5 minutes for the changes to take effect.
I’m having the same issue, OP did you end up fixing it?
I am experiencing the same issue here.
Here are a few things I found digging through some tickets on this…
- One user’s 365 license had expired, when updating this it resolved the error.
- Under Admin > SMTP your email address here, should match the email address of the outbound box under Admin > Mailboxes. This seems to be the most common resolution.
*Rick posted a workaround here: BYO SMTP Not working with office 365
One of those should likely work. The error is being generated from the SMTP side, we only validate the credentials on our end so any errors returned are coming from the server/service. The provider may be able to provide some clarity on those.
I am having this issue using Google Workspace. Was working fine for months then stopped yesterday.