RMM Agents going offline

Hi. On Friday evening i turned on the option to in the RMM Agent Policy to “Require client permission for remote access” Over the weekend we have had hundreds of “offline agents” from multiple clients, in multiple areas so its not an ISP outage.
Is this coincidence or something else?
Thanks

This shouldn’t be related. I’d open a ticket with support.

Same here… Hundreds of client PC offline alerts… What have you guys done?

So comforting to see this being responded to with the urgency it deserves!!

I had a similar issue recently that ended up being crypto cipher settings. Syncro support told me that agent install / connection issues are not supported. They closed the ticket on me 3 times. For one system we never got a resolution. Every time we push back, Syncro responds with a closure and says they can’t help.

In a couple cases, we got lucky and they linked totally unrelated articles, one of which recommended generating a new certificate with OpenSSL, and the instructions weren’t even valid for what they were intending.

Pretty appalling.

For anyone curious, I had to add these ciphers, I did so with powershell. Pretty amazing I had to enable less secure ciphers for the agent to connect:

Enable-TlsCipherSuite -Name "TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384"
Enable-TlsCipherSuite -Name "TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256"

@Andy - Are you guys not even going to respond?

This morning we have hundreds of alerts again… What are ya’ll doing?

This should run through support so they can look into it for you. Have you opened a ticket?

1 Like

Yes, a hours ago… Will wait for their response…

Thanks.

And the mass Offline alerts are back…

Glad to know it’s not just me, had this for 2 days straight now… Seems from the above we’re no closer to a solution and nothing back from support channels either.

Starting to regret the move over to Syncro for a few reasons now.

By the looks of chase1’s reply above, they’re not being very supportive about it?

C’mon, Syncro. This isn’t even the first time this issue has affected your client base. We’ve got massive swathes of offline alerts coming in, some of which are piped directly to our clients (per their request). This makes us look incompetent for trusting your software and definitely makes your team look like they don’t know what they’re doing.

1 Like

I have this issue too. Random client servers all reporting offline when they are not. It seems to happen later afternoon (UK) over the last couple of days. This doesn’t fill me with a lot of confidence for the software.

Same time as us then it seems, 1615(ish)

Support finally replied to me, said they’re aware of the issue… that’s all :upside_down_face:

Can confirm we’ve experienced this issue the last couple days as well. Anything with “offline” alerting has been affected.

Experiencing it here too.

we have the same issue but it is only some servers. Anyone have a solution except dumping Syncro :slight_smile:

I don’t even bother reporting this stuff anymore.
Why wait for someone to response a week later with a canned response when you can just fix it yourself by deleting the alerts.

It would be nice to see some stability back in the platform please???

Can confirm, it’s been an issue for myself as well, fortunately I only turn on this alert for servers or critical infrastructure unfortunately it does notify clients and gives them basic network troubleshooting while we get back to them.

It looks kind of dumb when they are actually up and fine! Something changed on Syncro’s side please investigate.