Rich Text is here and ready for GA!

Maybe, but it doesn’t make sense that a link on an asset’s page throws that popup. For instance, I have a URL for each asset that opens directly to that asset’s page in another tool I use. It really is unnecessary overall, though, and there should be toggle to turn it off.

Sam, I think your missing the

----- REPLY ABOVE THIS LINE TO SEND A RESPONSE -----

in your email template. Without it, the messages won’t truncate and if you us the {{ticket_public_comments_for_email}} you’ll get that never expanding thread.

If Syncro would just support the “In-Reply-To” header this would not be an issue. It’s not like “in-reply-to” is a new feature of the Internet Message Format standard. It’s been in there since for at least 22 years.

It is creating unexpected and undesirable outcomes with cut and paste.

The rich text editor turns this:

Available Plugin Updates

Name: Mailgun
Detected: 1.8.10
Latest: 1.9

into this:

Available Plugin Updates

Name: Mailgun

Detected: 1.8.10

Latest: 1.9

While it appears like the formatting in my latter example, there are not any blank lines between the others. The uninvited alteration disrupts the meaning imparted by the original formatting and it wastes screen real estate with the faux-double-spacing.

How do I restore usability?

1 Like

Nothing you can do other than to report and wait (they are aware but said it was lower priority than other bugs). For some reason the system is automatically doing a new paragraph on new lines. On PC, you can shift+enter to get it to do a single spaced line, so on your example, I pasted, then backspaced, and hit shift+enter to get your original results. Bad workaround, but it’s all we have atm.

Bad workaround indeed. It takes what was once a single keystroke of CTRL+V and turns it it into who knows how many keystrokes. The example I shared only had 5 lines, but there are often multiple three line sections in those tickets.

I had already attempted your SHIFT+ENTER method on my own and didn’t mention it because when done from bottom to top, it undoes the lower line. Reformatting it will stay, and it works fine when “corrected” from the top down, but still, it adds a lot of work to fix something that used to be a simple CTRL+V.

I have long been pondering whether or not I could create tickets from that command line output using the Syncro API. Maybe it is time to start working toward that solution.

1 Like

Can we get the RTF on the CANNED RESPONSE as well?

3 Likes

Please! This is a big need.

1 Like

Where’d all the bug fixes go for RTF? I haven’t seen much activity lately. I reported the black on black text in dark mode several months ago. 3 months ago I isolated it down to when someone selects a text color, such as black or 181818, it shows as black on black, but not if they leave it on Automatic. Outlook is able to understand this and translate, but as of yet, Syncro hasn’t provided a fix. Customers are still getting the initial response with no logo, as well as an “updated” email in addition to their initial email. So many other bad bugs still pending :frowning:.

1 Like