Power Platform Connectors - Any takers to collaborate?

Hey Folks,
I’m doing a similar project but with Google Sheets. It isn’t as fancy, but if you are a Google Shop, give this a try:

@anon44262751 Do you know if Xero has opened up the Recurring invoice API yet… it’s been like 7 years since they said they’d look into it.

1 Like

Unfortunately it doesn’t look that way. There’s plenty of info in there about invoice creation and updates, but I didn’t see anything about reoccurring invoices or invoice schedules. :cry:

Source: Accounting API Invoices — Xero Developer

I have not heard any news on this. Any updates?

Hey! Can I get access to this?

Lol figured I’d dive into this. I’m pretty new to power automate, but I’m excited at the notion of all this and willing to play guinea pig and test things out.

1 Like

@jeremy, @anon44262751, @ahall,

I am so glad I came across this post. We have been looking into this and just don’t have the internal bandwidth to get the project going. Would you be interested in collaborating on this effort and perhaps outsourcing to an offshore outfit specializing in Power BI?
pc[a]inft.us

That is an interesting thought.

We hired a developer a couple months ago to build out our Power BI reporting. We store historical data in O365 for it to run queries against, and then we have it query the Syncro API for all of the real time data and metrics. We also built out customer dashboards in Power BI that we send out to our client key ops. It lets our clients see historical data as well as the real time data from Syncro for their open tickets, and we just recently added CSATs as well. They really seem to enjoy it thus far. Had a lot of great feedback from them.

We started by storing ticket data in a protected Excel sheet and had Power BI query the Excel sheet. However, the Excel sheet quickly got far too big and began crashing. I think it made it to about 2GB in size before it started crashing.

We just recently migrated all of that data into the Microsoft Dataverse (effectively it’s a Microsoft cloud hosted database that’s part of the Power Platform).

We store the last 12 months of data for historical queries, and then real time data is queried from the API.

We even leveraged some of the Syncro tech data to build out a Calendly/Slack integration that alerts the individual techs via Slack whenever someone schedules a meeting with them. On the next iteration of this we’re going to allow techs to set a status on a ticket (Needs Scheduling) and then Syncro will automatically send out a one time use Calendly scheduling link unique to that technician.

Happy to hop on a call to discuss or provide pointers to anyone looking to take a similar approach or discuss automation ideas even if they extend beyond Syncro.

2 Likes

Hey all,

Super keen to collaborate with some of you on whats possible with this type of integration. I just made another post with some instructions on how we setup our Power Platform to Syncro connector so hopefully that will help a few of you who have been asking in this thread for help.

https://community.syncromsp.com/t/power-platform-syncro-connector-setup-howto/7965

Super intersted to discuss in more detail different ideas, and hear what type of automations everyone is doing?

We have only just started with our automations but we plan to automatically feed live stock data from our suppliers into Syncro. Basically we either web scrape using Power Automate Desktop or import CSV data into Power Automate and store the data in Dataverse tables. Then from this information we will match SKU’s up with Syncro SKU’s and help with providing live pricing and stock availability data with future plans to also automate purchase orders (for suppliers who only allow for checkout via shopping cart/website).

Anyway hopefully the info i provided is helpful. Look forward to hearing what others have come up with.

1 Like