Manual deployment of Webroot

I’m looking for a way to use a script to get the webroot license key for a customer. I have a problem with Webroot not being deployed. I manually deploy it but I would like to automate the process.

Before you ask, yes, I have had tickets for this problem. I have several explanations as to why Webroot won’t deploy. I have tried the recommended scripts to clean-up remnants of previous AV Software. I have tried a bunch of things. In the end, I download the installer from the Webroot Portal and manually install the software.

If I could retrieve the license code for the customer I could write a script and automate the process.

Scripting this might be tricky. We don’t have one provided- perhaps another user does. But I found the following which may be helpful to review.

I found the install key here: Webroot Identity Portal Select the customer site, then click details.

We developed our own script. It uses a custom field from a customer record and also checks a custom field on the asset record we used to explicitly prevent installation of Webroot. You will need to have these two custom fields for this script to work or get rid of the use of those fields.

Import-Module $env:SyncroModule

Write-Host "Starting Installing Webroot"

# To get the group code:
# From the Endpoint Protection console, go to the Group Management tab and select the Groups sub-tab. 
# Highlight the Group you would like to deploy to, click Actions, then Deploy Endpoints to this Group.
# The group code will be displayed and is unique to this group.

If ($DisableAVInstall -eq 'yes') {
    Write-Warning "Webroot install explictly disabled for Asset. Exiting."
    Exit 1
}

$SourceURL = "https://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsasme.exe"
$SourceFile = "wsasme.exe"
$TempFolder = $env:TEMP
$DestFile = $TempFolder + "\" + $SourceFile

If ($WebrootKey -eq "") {
    Write-Warning "Webroot Key missing. Check customer custom fields"
    Exit 1
}

$InstallArguments = "/key=" + $WebrootKey + " /silent"
Write-Host "Install Arguments: $InstallArguments"
Write-Host "Downloading $SourceURL"
Try {
    Invoke-WebRequest $SourceURL -OutFile $DestFile
}
catch {
	$msg = Get-ChildItem $DestFile
	Write-Verbose "File [$msg]"
    Write-Warning "$($error[0])"
	Write-Warning "Download Failed"
	Exit 1
}

try	{
    Start-Process $DestFile -Verb runAs -ArgumentList $InstallArguments -Verbose
	Start-Sleep -Seconds 120
}
catch {
}

# Clean-up downloaded installer file

try	{
	Remove-Item $DestFile -Force
}
catch {
	Write-Warning "Failed to remove source file"
}

1 Like

I have a simple script to rename the installer with the license key. Then runs the executable. My issue is that I have to get the key out of the webroot console.

I was hoping there is a way to get the license key via powershell.

Thanks, Alexandra.

The references are interesting.

I wanted to get the license from the customer in syncromsp. I think it’s the best way to be sure to use the correct key.