List of Template Tags in Documentation or Knowledge Base

I’m putting this in the Ticketing category but it is broader than this. This applies to all templates in the PSA including data that it pulls from the RMM.

There are a bunch of “TEMPLATE TAGS” at the bottom of the ticket automations page, the invoice templates, and a few other places throughout the Syncro admin. I’m looking for a documentation of all of them. I want to know exactly where they are pulling from and what each of them means, on which pages and templates each of them can be applied, etc.

For example, I’m looking at doing ticket automations currently. What is the difference between the {{ticket_problem}} tag and the {{initial_comment_body}} tag? Are they effectively the same thing? Is there some full documentation list of all of these tags, with descriptions, that says exactly what they are and where they apply? Each tag should have a description, screenshot examples of what field it is pulling from, and any documentation that explains the formatting and every other component of the tag.

10 Likes

This would be great information to have. How are we supposed to test these in things like ticket automations without a preview or more information?

1 Like

Exactly, It’s been super frustrating for years. I’m brought this up to support before, on multiple calls and webinars. It seems ridiculous to not have this kind of basic proper documentation available.

I’m also just looking for a template tag that is: {most_recent_public_note} or something similar so I don’t need to send the whole ticket history for reminder emails. maybe it already exists but is called something completely different? who knows, because it isn’t documented.

1 Like

I’ve been looking for a comprehensive list as well. Best I’ve been able to find is the list in the PDF/Email Templates section of Admin settings. I’m working on building out documentation using tags for efficiency. The list of 22 tags in the Documentation Center is not a complete list of working tags. I’ve successfully taken some from Templates and used them in Documentation.

Now I’m looking to change the messaging in my ticket reminder emails to just include the most recent public comment rather than the whole table or list of them since it typically overwhelming and I suspect it isn’t helping to get responses from the users. Anyone know if there is a most recent public comment tag? Or a last emailed to user tag? Or something like that?

Would greatly appreciate this as well!

Another one here looking for a full list of tags … is there any update or does anyone know where I can find this list?

I don’t think it exists. If you edit a template under yourdomain.syncromsp.com/templates/email, then along the side it has a list of 173 tags. Just a list of the tags, no additional info. It may be a good starting point for someone with the time to dig up each of them for creating documentation…