Chat bugs

I’ve noticed for months now, occasionally when a chat comes in, it will automatically assign this chat to one of my engineers, including myself sometimes. We have all of our chat policies go to an unassigned technician and it usually stays unassigned, but sometimes, a chat comes in and it already has me or someone else assigned when they haven’t touched anything. Anyone else seen this as well?

Hi @seth.bartlett, do you mind submitting a ticketing? This is my first hearing but want it to be tracked as well.

I’ve submitted a ticket, case 00164975. Had another one happen just a few minutes ago, automatically came right to me and I’m not even at my desk to take the chat and from other engineers, it seems like I just grabbed the chat that came in, instead of it being unassigned.

Any chance of a forgotten policy that still has you as the assigned chattee?

I’ve been seeing this pop up as well. It’s kind of a pain to have chats auto assign rather than coming in unassigned and allowing us to triage them appropriately. Any movement on your ticket lately?

1 Like

Unfortunately no, support had me try to make a change to one of our policies to force the policy to reapply to all of the machines and that still didn’t fix it. We have all of our policies set to unassigned but it will still sometimes randomly pick a tech. Last message from support:

Thank you for following up on this issue, apologies for the delay while we worked on getting to your ticket. We’re experiencing longer response times due to company-wide Octocon 2022 events last week and your patience is appreciated!

I appreciate you sending over this latest example, this confirms that the policy settings don’t seem to be responsible for the behavior and I have noted this is the escalation report to our developers. There are no new updates as of yet however I will be sure to notify you ASAP if there is any change to the status. Thanks for your continued patience!

Just had another one of these today, just automatically assigned to an engineer that was out in the field and not even signed into Syncro, we get no alerts or anything, so a chat sat out there for 40 minutes assigned to someone. We’ve never had our policies assigned to anything other than “Unassigned” and it’s extremely random on what PCs do it, I’m not even sure how a bug like this can happen, especially considering that I’ve never set it to a specific engineer and it sometimes will pick a different engineer, including myself.

Still a problem, but apparently not enough for Syncro to do anything about…

1 Like

Hello there,

This has been an issue for us for some time also and is becoming more frequent recently. This is leading to delayed responses to clients, I seem to be the automatic assignee but I’m not a helpdesk tech so I’m not always there to highlight it to others.

My most recent effort was to log out of the Android app, I am the only one using the app, and as I get notifications of chats I thought this is maybe a cause but I have been logged out for over a week now and had 3 assigned today.

Has there been any movement on getting this resolved or is it just off the radar for the Syncro support team? The chat is a defining feature that has prevented me from moving to other PSA’s, I would hate for it to be neglected to a point where it’s no longer a useful option.

1 Like

We are also struggling with this. In our case we don’t believe it is ‘random’, but even if we ‘end chat’, if that asset initiates another chat in the future (even days later) it will re-assign the new chat to the same agent that had the previous chat.

I would expect that if a chat is ended, any new chats would go unassigned so they can be picked up.

But that doesn’t appear to be the case, and like you all we are having chats re-assigned to techs that not actively paying attention. This also gets around notifications and alerts that are setup on new unassigned chats, and customers sit there saying “HELLO!!??”

This is a pretty big unexpected behaviour with no workaround that we can find. If there is anything that Syncro can offer, even a temporary workaround we’d be happy to implement.

It should, unless you have it set to a particular agent in the asset policy. If that isn’t happening please open a ticket with support and let them know the asset ID and chat ID where you see this happen.

I created a ticket, and I listed the two chats back-to-back, the second chat was auto-assigned to me even though it was 24hrs later and the first chat was ended. I’ll share back in this community forum if there is anything I learn that I can pass on.

Thanks for opening the ticket. Also, just confirming, in the asset policies associated with that asset, not are set with chat to auto assign tickets?

Confirmed. And there was a third chat this afternoon from the same asset that was correctly brought in as ‘unassigned’ and another technician picked it up from there.

So it looks like for this asset, there’s been 4 chats, and only 1 of the 4 was directly assigned instead of coming in as ‘unassigned’. Seems weird, I don’t think I’m missing anything here, our team has reported this happening but this is the only time I’ve experienced it personally.

Ok. Will definitely defer to support at this point so they can dig into what is going on.

This bug has been around since at least August of last year. Ticket 00164975
It’s extremely frustrating and we have missed many chats where it was assigned to an engineer that was out in the field all day and there is no good way to get chat alerts into teams for all engineers without getting a ton of spam as well.

Providing feedback back to the community here. The Syncro support team told me that this was a known issue that has coincidentally been resolved just recently. Looks like an agent-side-fix, in v1.0.178.0

Agent 178 is so troublesome, we have 2 new customers that we onboarded and chat isn’t working among multiple devices, not syncing screenconnect like it should, just all sorts of random stuff all over the board. Gotta love testing in production with no option to rollback or choose an agent version…

I’m still seeing many issues with chat affecting more than 50% of our clients. When we initiate a chat it is not launching the notification in the lower right corner so they user cannot respond. We are using Build 179. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

They might have said it’s fixed… I’m still seeing this happen. Super frustrating both for our techs and for our customers.