You can add custom fields to your Assets. Adding custom fields allows you to track information easily.
Each Asset type can have its own custom fields. Each asset type comes with two default system fields that cannot be rearranged or deleted: Asset Name and Asset Serial. Syncro Devices come with several more system fields that can be rearranged by not deleted. Beyond that, you can add as many additional fields to an asset type as desired.
To add a new field:
1. Click New Field
2. Click to toggle between Required/Not Required.
3. Edit the new field as desired.
4. Click the X if you want to delete a field.
5. You can also reorder the non-system fields with the "hamburger" icon.
You will want to note that each custom field is specific to the Asset Type: Custom fields are not global. If you have a field that you want to be on more than one Asset Type, you will need to create that field inside each Asset Type desired.
- Click New Field.
Name the field.
- Select the Field type: Text Field, Check Box, Drop Down, Web Link, Text Area, Date Field, Popup or Scribble.
- For Drop Down, click Add Answer, then fill in the Dropdown Entry and repeat as needed.
- Check the Required checkbox if desired.
- Click Create Asset field or Update Asset field.