Allowing Client to see their own devices

I just want to make sure I am not missing something here, since I may actually allow a client to see their own devices for the first time.

I just add another user account just like ours to my account (so $120 a month or whatever the current cost is), create the clients user details, and then limit the user to their own customer object? And then they will be able to see devices, push scripts, remote access using Splashtop? See tickets?

But only for their own customer?

You could try enabling the Portal for a specific contact for this customer. In the scripts you want them to have access to you can enable it to be available on the customer portals. If you want to also allow remote access for that user via Splashtop then they can access that through the portal as well. You can add tickets, invoices and other items to the customer portal too. We don’t use it much but something that may suit your needs without paying for another Technician seat.

1 Like

If all they need is remote access to their own machine then you don’t need to add them as a Syncro user. Only a customer portal user with MFA and End User Access enabled on their contact. Scripts can also be added to the customer portal but there isn’t a way to define it by customer- the script gets added to all portals. You can turn off script access for those you don’t want to access scripts though. They can also see their tickets in the portal but can’t work them as a tech would.

Otherwise, if you’re really wanting them to have the features of Syncro then yes, you’d set them up as a single customer user. https://help.syncromsp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025593874-Single-Customer-Permissions

Maybe I was not clear enough, this is for an internal IT resource and I would like them to be able to use Splashtop to connect to all 150 of their own assets.

I assume that would be $5 per asset if I did it through the clinet Portal correct? So in that case, adding them as a licensed Syncro user would be cheaper?

In that case yes, a single customer user will be cheaper. You’d edit the user and assign them to the customer.

Here’s an image of what they will have access to, assets will list only their company’s assets, same with tickets and alerts. They can also use remote access directly.

Then they’ll get their own unique security group with a limited amount of permissions in comparison to what a standard user might see.