Splashtop Mac all permissions should not be required

We likely have vastly different end users. I’m guessing you’ve never have had a user ask you which button the space bar is either. :rofl:

MDM, yup. The entirety of this bug hinges on the fact that SyncroMSP’s Splashtop RMM fails with MDM configured clients. I run a macOS/Apple-shop and almost exclusively deploy DEP/ADE macOS devices and push the appropriate profiles to managed devices. There’s really no such thing as “Managing” macOS/iOS/iPadOS without an MDM. Like you, I am not dependent on SyncroMSP’s Splashtop RMM implementation, though I’d bet a fair number of Windows-first shops using Syncro are.

All that said the issue here is not what SyncroMSP can/can’t do. It’s what functionality the users of the product are paying for and the (lack of) responsiveness to a documented issue. If every InTune enrolled Windows Device needed a physical touch to enable Splashtop, I’m sure the issue would not be ignored.

So yes, I whole heartedly agree that understanding a platform’s limitations and using the right tool is “the way.” But accepting a bug and poor design because I can work around it, isn’t the way to help the platform grow, or at least come closer to meeting marketing promises of the platform.

Yes, the amount of time fixes have taken is concerning. There have been enough different people with different reasons or excuses now that I don’t believe the new CTO at face value. I don’t know what to really trust about Syncro anymore, which sucks.

I’ll also add that I have to use my MDM to restart the Syncro agent about 1x per week on my Mac machines. Do you run into this as well? I just opened a ticket and am going to send logs to Syncro support, but you’re much further down the road of Mac management than I am so I wondered if you saw this, too.

Hi Ed! Can I check how you do that? On a different issue than this topic, I’m seeing Syncro hang and stop processing scripts, usually when it’s doing its own sync. I’m hoping restarting it via MDM will fix the issue.

#!/bin/bash

sudo /usr/local/bin/syncro restart