Credit card surcharging

Can we charge the payment processing fee using Stripe processing method to client? So client pays the processing percentage.

1 Like

Since we generate the invoice before someone selects a payment method, this is not currently possible to have a built-in method for this. As a workaround, you could create an inventory item called “Credit Card Fee” or something similar and select the Discount - Amount/Percent option. Then enter a negative percentage. This item would have to be manually added to invoices where you know the customer will pay by CC.

If you choose to use some method like this, note that credit card surcharging is illegal in some places. Please check with your attorney.

Thank you very much for the info.

Found this from searching on google since I was looking for the same thing.
Is there an ability to select if an invoice can be paid with credit card or not?

In my current invoicing system we have a note that says if you’d like to pay with credit card please let us know and we’ll re-send the invoice. We add the surcharge, enable credit card payment, and send again.

Would love to see the same here.

@KB-Team to your point above, the percentage/fee could be added at the actual time of payment… on the screen where they enter CC details it could be passed there. We do the same (using stripe) for my other business as well. Happy to chat more if this could possibly be added to the development backlog.

the work around i found was to do stripe integration into my website which allows you to add the surcharge. then i direct them to my webpage at the bottom invoice stating that there will be a fee.