Asset pending reboot

one of my assets running the latest windows 11 with all the patches including the last recent patch keeps showing as pending reboot even though I have rebooted it from the Syncro dashboard more than 3 times. Any idea how to fix this? I have force Sync asset data too.

Can you go to the asset record and in the actions menu run the asset sync? Then wait maybe 5 minutes for that to complete and let me know if that resolves it. The Pending Reboot doesn’t update in real time, but forcing the asset to sync will.

I already forced Asset sync couple hours ago when you suggested in FB page. Still showing pending reboot after forced asset sync and 1hr has been lapsed since forced asset sync.

Ok, then please open a ticket so we can have our support team dig into that for you.

Will do.
Is the support login the same with my Syncro login ?

Might be different. I would just email help@syncromsp.com that’s the easiest way.

This is happening on nearly all of the Windows 11 machines…really quite frustrating as now many PCs across different customers are in Pending Reboot, on top of this “NO” other updates can be applied.

1 Like

I sent an email to help@syncromsp.com and they send back a message saying they will look at it “sometime” (not very committed) and then proceed to tell me the best way is to ask in these forums.

Honestly, I have over 50x Windows 11 machines all with the exact same issue with a number of different customers now…it’s one thing seeing a frustraing “Pending Reboot” status, it’s a show stopper if I am unable to install new updates (which is the case at the moment).

I may be forced to move from SyncroMSP.

1 Like

If anyone else is having this issue, it is an issue with Defender (even if you’re using 3rd party AV) and Windows 11, run the following command from elevated CMD prompt to fix it now or wait for MS patch:

reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa /v RunAsPPL /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f;reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa /v RunAsPPLBoot /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f;

2 Likes

This fixed the issue I was having with the pending reboot. Thank you!

Never mind, it went away and then came right back.

Yeah…I got excited too…took 10mins for me until the “pending reboot” reappeared, which is why I thought it worked also…sorry.

I wanted to update the thread but I had sent 3x replies in a row so I wasn’t allowed too :roll_eyes:

We are seeing the same thing.

Sorry for the late update, I have a family emergency that I have to tackle and all my work was getting left behind.
last week, I have done all the support suggested and this is the only asset that is stubborn, my other Windows 11 assets do not have this problem.
I remove Syncro agent, and clear everything no more updates showing all up to date. Install Syncro agent and BAM!! assets pending reboots showing up.
WTH, ^%$^%$. I have given up fixing this asset until Syncro support can give me more clear guidance on how to fix it.

Same issue here. Tried all updates and even using the “Trigger Reboot” option to see if this would make a difference. No luck yet.

Update for this issue. I run Windows update Troubleshooting and reboot the asset, Pending reboot button now disappears from my Syncro asset, and can run the update from Syncro dashboard.
Hope this can help you guys too.

Doug at Syncro Support offered the following update for me (and it’s worked thus far):

These troubleshooting steps below should clear the pending reboot;

1. Ensure you have attempted rebooting the asset normally at least twice to give the opportunity to Windows to resolve the state naturally.
  2. Stop the wuauserv service using admin command prompt: net stop wuauserv. If the output is Windows Update service is not started, go to step 3.
  3. Back up your registry in case you need to revert.
  4. Delete the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\WindowsUpdate\\Auto Update\\RebootRequired.
  5. Restart the wuaserv service using admin command prompt: net start wuauserv.
  6. Force a large sync of the Agent.
  7. Go the dashboard of the asset.
  8. Click on the Actions dropdown button near the top right.
  9. Click on Sync Asset Data.
  10. Wait for sync to complete.

After the sync is complete, the pending reboot state should be cleared.