All scripts gets Timed out (00:10:00) on some servers

Hi.

We have 2000+ devices with syncro. We have a few servers that simply wont run any scripts. Scripts are run as SYSTEM.

Here’s a output for one of the scripts that checks for missing updates:

error> Exception calling "Search" with "1" argument(s): "Exception from HRESULT: 0x80244022"
error> At C:\ProgramData\Syncro\bin\acac0347-72fb-4854-b5d7-ca54660cd70b.ps1:7 char:36
error> + $Updates = @($UpdateSearcher.Search <<<< ("IsHidden=0 and IsInstalled=0").Updates)
error>     + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], MethodInvocationException
error>     + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ComMethodTargetInvocation
error>  
Call-SyncroApi: success
Timed out (00:10:00).

heres a acript to detect version of AD connect:

Sleeping for 322 seconds before proceeding to avoid overloading Syncro...
Call-SyncroApi: success
Timed out (00:10:00).

All scripts seems to timeout. Could it be network related? Or some restriction in the OS?

These scripts runs fine on other servers on other locations

If you are sleeping your scripts for a long time, or have something that will take a long time to complete, you need to adjust the script timeout. Synrco defaults it to 10 minutes. Change it on a per script basis when needed.

Hi.

I have tested with a simple script that fetches the hostname. This also times out.

I just noticed that the server im having problems with writes this when I open a terminal from Syncro:

Terminal requires PowerShell 3 or higher on the remote computer.

The installed version is 2.0.

Could this be the reason?

Without seeing your script, sure, could be. Powershell 2.0 sucks to speak bluntly. I’m guessing you’re working on 2008/Win 7 or older.

You could test your script locally and see if it fails on PS 2.

You’re running an End of Life OS, which needs to be upgraded/replaces ASAP for security. In the mean time you should be able to upgrade powershell using chocolatey:

choco upgrade powershell -y

This will install the needed updates and components and will require a reboot. Note that even with PS upgraded to a version 5, old OSes like this will not have some of the commands in PS5 due to OS limitations.

1 Like

Thanks.

Can confirm that after upgrading PSversion I can run my scripts through Syncro.

Have a nice weekend