Syncro Product Enhancement: Change Pricing On All Recurring Invoice Line Items

Yep, sadly aware there is contact count.
This would then rely on us having contacts up to date. We would have more chance maintaining the email security quantity. (And that doesn’t happen)

Well in order to do dynamic counts you have to maintain something to count from…

I’m not totally following your example though I think. So you sync P365 Busines and E1 licenses from Pax8 fine, but you are trying to charge a third item for Email Security as well? Is that some third-party service you are getting licenses from elsewhere?

Hi Andy,

Lets say the my customer has 10 Business Premium licences and 5 Exchange online Plan1 licences on their reoccurring invoice. This comes across from Pax8 fine. (as a sync)

I now have an email security solution from another vendor that doesn’t synchronise data to Syncro (and not purchased through Pax8 to clarify)
That vendor automatically increases my wholesale bill based on number of users live on their system within the month, so charges me for 15 licences.
I now go and load the email security solution onto the reoccurring bill on Syncro.

The bill now consists of 10 business premium, 5 Exchange Online & 15 Email security.

Now, one of my helpful technicians goes and sells this client another Microsoft 365 Business Premium licence so while in Pax8 creating the order synchronises across his changes - this increases the clients bill to 15 Business Premium, leaves exchange online plan 1 at 5 and leaves email security at 15.

The email security vendor does a user sync with Microsoft and now establishes there are 16 licences as a new account has been created and automatically increases my wholesale invoice for next month to 16 licences for email security but…
My customers next months bills go out with 15 email security licences on, not 16 - why … well as the technician hasn’t remembered to change the quantity to 16,

So what should be able to happen is the quantity field for the email security should be able to have a sum options where it can be calculated based on the value of 1 or or more other quantities on the same reoccurring invoices.

In my example post my technicians sale of a licence…
11 business premium + 5 Exchange Online = 16 so the quantity of the email security after the “dynamic sum” would be 16 and billing would be correct.

Ok I think I get what you are after now. What I had proposed is your best method for dynamic counting, tracking those items that you aren’t able to dynamically count directly or integrate fully with Syncro. So attaching those to contacts is the way to go. My guess is you could automate some type of audit flow if you had to by comparing the custom field count on contacts through Syncro and then comparing that to what’s being billed to you.

The other thing I am thinking is do you charge email security for every single E1 license you sell? If so, you could just charge more for the E1 license and encompass both costs in a single line item. Then it would still count dynamically.

Sadly we have to provide a line by line breakdown to the client to would need the quantities rather than rolling into the exchange licence.

We actually charge email security for select clients not all (it’s a client based decision on vendor) but on a single client both business premium 365 (which includes exchange) and the exchange plan 1 licence would have email security.

So I can’t see a way with current methods of making this work.

Again, you could do that by managing the custom field on contact records for “Bill for Email Security” or whatever you’d like to call it. That’s likely the only way, though.

Thanks for the input, We don’t hold all the contacts so this wouldn’t work.

1 Like

You might want to reconsider on that point, lots of advantages to doing so including allowing dynamic counts of things like this. But if you absolutely can’t for some reason (it is extra work) then I don’t see another way to capture those licenses currently.