What it does
- Lets you set granular permission levels for non-Global Admins on what can be edited, created and deleted or viewed in the app at an individual or group level.
- By default we have a Technicians group that all your techs are assigned to.
What it doesn't do
- Global Admins cannot have security permissions imposed on them. They always have full access. All Global Admins can also delete other users/techs (including other Global Admins) and change billing information. Therefore, a best practice to have the least amount of Global Admins as possible, but at least two in case one gets accidentally locked out.
- Configure single customer permissions. See our Single Customer Permissions article for that.
- Find the droids you're looking for.
You can configure groups and then assign users to a group.
- Head to Admin > Security Groups.
- Click Edit by a group to adjust what permissions the group has.
- Enable/disable the desired permissions. (These will change over time as features are launched and permissions are requested. We try to do the reasonable thing by default.)
- When finished, click Update Group.
- Once you have your groups setup, in the left nav click Users.
- Click Details by a user whom you want to assign to a Group.
- Click the Security Groups/Calendar Groups dropdown and check the Group(s) you want this user in. Yes, they can be in multiple Security Groups. One use case is a tech with Time Clock admin abilities. Another is a manager who doesn't have full delete capabilities in the system.
- Once finished, click Update User.