Giving a user access to multiple customers, but not all customers

Just as a heads up / additional information for you and the development team.

We have two of our Corporate accounts that have made this a hard requirement for working with us, so we are going to be at least moving them off of Syncro and our management team is discussing moving everything off of Syncro because of this. We’ve been with Syncro since the beginning and RepairShopr before that and I don’t want to see us go, so please put as much weight behind this particular request as you have the ability to.

Please and thank you.

1 Like

So, if I understand correctly, this feature would allow you to grant users (employees) access to specific customers, improving efficiency and security within our organizations? Sounds great!

To clarify, this would…

:bulb: Simplify Workflow: Assign users to customer groups, enabling focused support and streamlined onboarding for new team members.

:closed_lock_with_key: Strengthen Security: Limit user access to sensitive information, safeguarding client data and enhancing confidentiality.

:gear: Tailor Access to Roles: Customize user permissions based on responsibilities, ensuring people can access the right customers.

:money_mouth_face: Make the new Teams plan make sense, and would have me upgrade immediately.

2 Likes

Adding a comment for support/feature request to assign techs to specific customers (more than one) or reverse excluded specific customers

This feels like an issue we will only be able to avoid running into for so long while we’re growing our customer base. Inevitably, it will come up and be a non-starter.

Would like some permission management system similar to IT Glue’s, if you can get it implemented quicker by modeling off of something.

(but as always with security… not part of a paid/premium plan, but rather a core requirement)

I too cannot use Syncro without this capability. It’s absolutely necessary for co-managed IT and to limit techs to only certain customer groups.

1 Like

This feature is being released in FEB 2024 based on Syncro Roadmap

1 Like

Wait, there is a Syncro roadmap?

2 Likes

Wait what? Where is this roadmap? I would be Amazingly thrilled to see it!

I, too, would like to know where this roadmap is

This is something currently being worked on as we speak. I do not have an ETA, however.

2 Likes

Glad to hear, Andy! Looking forward to this feature!

1 Like

Bravo! :clap: I expressed my grave concerns 5 years ago when I signed on with Syncro. I hope being at the top of the list means …coming soon to a desktop near you…