What do your Waiting on Customer emails look like?

Hey,

We’re trying to make it easier for our clients to see what is going on when a Waiting on Customer email is sent. {{ticket_url}} is internal, {{ticket_public_comments}} and {{ticket_public_comments_table}} both come out the same, looking very poorly formatted. The checkbox for secure customer portal with pw if portal users exist is unchecked but {{online_profile_url}} still prompts for a login.

Do you include info on the latest reply/how to access the ticket history on your waiting on customer emails?

You can accomplish this using Ticket Automations and Public Comments. This way it uses your normal ticket comment email template, which should be using {{ticket_public_comments_for_email}}. It also keeps it all inline in the ticket communications section. We have 1 that goes out after 2 hours, 72 hours, then auto resolves, changing the status each time.

1 Like

Thanks,

The {{ticket_public_comments_for_email}} tag still comes out with pretty poor formatting but is probably what we will use for now. Where did you find it? It isn’t in the list here.

Anyone know of one that just includes the latest update?

You don’t use that here. The way our is setup, the public comment adds a comment to the ticket and emails the customer like any other comment would. The Email customer/contact has had reports of it not working correctly. I’d rather just keep it inside ticket communications, that way they can see the whole ticket.

Our customers complain that they can’t easily tell what we are waiting on them for without logging in which is why we want to have the latest response also go out on the waiting on customer ticket.

This is what {{ticket_public_comments_for_email}} looks like in M365 OWA with the default Syncro CSS/wrapper:

It isn’t well formatted for an end user.

As you can see from my example, each response is broken by a line and has my name on it and the customer’s responses has “customer-reply”. Also using the default wrapper.

Just checked an OWA, it looks like my photo, except in white, each reply is divided up as shown.

How odd, for ours in Outlook Web Access, Outlook Mobile, and Mozilla Thunderbird it appears similar to the screenshot I shared in my last post. I’ll submit a support ticket.

I can see from your SS why it would be confusing for them. I had a hard time trying to follow it and could only do so by matching up to my SS. You should be getting those line in there. Just for reference, here’s how our ticket comment email template looks like.

I’m looking for assistance with the waiting on customer emails made via ticket automations. Our ticket update emails are working fine.

When it emails them 24 hours later I am attempting to provide them more information on that email without requiring they log into the portal to view the ticket. The screenshots are of the content that goes out when you put {{ticket_public_comments_for_email}} in an email from a ticket automation.

That’s what I’ve been saying. If you do the Public Comment in the Ticket Automations, it uses your comment email template, so it will look the same.

Look at the Ticket Automation I posted. It’s simple text, no tags required since it’s using your normal email template.

This was awesome and I have now implemented something similar - thanks!

Yeah the wrapper is not good. Horrible formatting

Give me HTML pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like