UK introducing mandatory cyber incident reporting for managed service providers

@andy, is SyncroMSP planning for this in the roadmap already?

UK introducing mandatory cyber incident reporting for managed service providers - The Record by Recorded Future

Further info here.
Government response to the call for views on proposals to improve the UK’s cyber resilience - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Essentually, if MSPs are mandated by Government to report cyber incidents, then we are going to need more reporting features and more security features in SyncroMSP.

I’m in Australia, so this mandatory reporting that the UK is bringing in for 2024/25 onwards doesn’t apply to me, but its an indication of what us in Australia can expect in coming years, as our Govt’s often follow the UK.

Hi Andrew,

I’m interested to hear what features you think we would need? Syncro’s scripting features are pretty good I think, in that they are a platform and we as the consumers can build what we need on it. More triggers on it would be nice, for example “If X failed logons in past hour do/run Y”.

I suspect MSPs under a certain $ turnover will be exempt.

However if your providing services to critical industies; healthcare, financial services, government etc then the new rules will apply. There may be a lot of smaller MSP’s pulling out of these industies because of the compliance overhead as a result.