Ticketing - Support threading with "In-Reply-To" and "References" headers

Summary: SyncroMSP ticketing should support “In-Reply-To” and “References” headers for email threading.

Background: Email communication can be sorted into threads thanks to “In-Reply-To” and “References” headers. Customers, technicians and virtually all email users are used to and understand threading. It’s off-putting that the solution their technical support uses doesn’t support a core functionality of email communication. And more importantly it can cause confusion for customers when they have multiple active tickets.

1 Like

What about having Ticket Numbers in the Subject of the Emails?
I thought I had done that already with Syncro… but that was my LAST PSA/RMM.

So, I haven’t actually tested this myself yet…
but, go to:
Settings, Tickets, Preferences.
At the bottom: Additional Settings
Most of the way down:
Subject for Ticket Comment Emails

Something like:
New Comment: Ticket # {{ticket_number}} – {{ticket_subject}}
or just:
{{ticket_subject}} (#{{ticket_number}})

and then your email system can thread off the ticket number?
Just a thought.

Would that get you closer to what you’re trying to do?

Let me know if this helps, or if I didn’t understand properly.

I’ve added ticket number and subject to my email-reply subject, but they still don’t thread in my personal Gmail in conversation view. The big problem, brought to my attention by a customer, is that the standalone update emails leave out all the thread context, so if he doesn’t remember the last few exchanges, he has to dig back thru separate emails to remind himself. I can see how that’s arduous, and I’m surprised other customers haven’t complained! I can’t figure out how to mitigate this. Anyone else?