Ticket comment in email limited to 2500 characters

Since Syncro seems to have no plans to support “in-reply-to” headers so ticket emails will actually thread for our customers, I’ve been using {{ticket_public_comments_for_email}} for the body of my “Ticket Comment Email” template. This has been an passible solution for the lack of threading support. However, it was brought to my attention that while the {{ticket_public_comments_for_email}} includes the current “comment_body”, it only includes the first ~2500 characters. The {{comment_body}} variable, emails the entire comment.

The solution would seem to be have {{comment_body}} followed by {{ticket_public_comments_for_email}}. But duplicates the first ~2500 characters of {{comment_body}} directly after the {{comment_body}}. It’s a mess that does not help to alleviate the basic issue of a total lack of threading.

Is there any way that I can include previous comments on a ticket while ensuring that my current comment isn’t truncated while not confusingly repeating the first ~2500 characters?

Will Syncro support “in-reply-to” headers? Is it part of the mythic HTML ticketing update? Ticketing - Support threading with “In-Reply-To” and “References” headers

I just looked at my Support sent items and found an email that has 12,467 characters that was sent to the contact. I’ve never see anything truncated in the sent emails.

Thanks for checking! Mind pasting your “Ticket Comment Email” template?

My {{ticket_public_comments_for_email}} truncate at the same spot the web ui truncates with the “Show more…” link to expand to the full comment.

Do long ticket comments truncate in your web UI?

Peet

The web definitely does, sometimes I have to hit that Load More button so many times lol.

Don’t know if you’ve changed your HTML Wrapper at all, but mine should be the default.

<style>
    body {
        -webkit-text-size-adjust: none;
        margin: 0;
        padding: 0;
        width: 100%;
        color:#393c3d;
    }
</style>
<body leftmargin="0" marginwidth="0" topmargin="0" marginheight="0" offset="0" style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: none;margin: 0;padding: 0;width: 100%;">
<center>

<table class="backgroundTable" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="margin: 0;padding: 0;background-color: #ffffff;height: 100%;width: 100%;"><!-- // Content Table Starts Here  -->
        <tr>
            <td align="center" valign="top" bgcolor="#f8f8f8"><!-- // PageTop Wrapper Begin -- Insert Image Here  -->
                <span style="color: #E8E8E8; font-size: 10px;">----- REPLY ABOVE THIS LINE TO SEND A RESPONSE -----</span><br><br>

<div style="font-size:15px;">&nbsp;</div>
                <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
                    <tr>
                        <td>
                            &nbsp;
                        </td>
                    </tr>
                </table>
                <div style="font-size:10px;">&nbsp;</div>
                <!-- // PageTop Wrapper Ends -- Insert Image Here  -->

<!-- // Content Wrapper Begin -- Change Background Color Here  -->
                <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1" class="tableWrapper" style="width: 622px;">
                    <tr>
                        <td align="center" bgcolor="#dbdbdb"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="fullTable" style="width: 620px;">
                            <tr>
                                <td align="center" bgcolor="#fefefe"><table width="90%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
                                    <tr>
                                        <td align="center" valign="top" class="fullTable" style="width: 620px;">
                                                <tr>
                                                    <td class="medheight" style="line-height: 30px;">&nbsp;</td>
                                                </tr>
                                            </table>

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="innerTable2" style="width: 540px;">
                                                <tr>
                                                    <td align="left" valign="top" class="innertable">
                                                        <span class="body" style="color: #393c3d;font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size: 16px;line-height: 24px;">
                                                            <p style='text-align: center;'>{{location_logo_100}}</p>
                                                            <p>&nbsp;</p>

{{email_body}}

</span></td>
                                                </tr>
                                            </table>

</td>
                                    </tr>
                                </table>

<tr>
                                            <td class="smallheight" style="line-height: 10px;">&nbsp;</td>
                                        </tr>
                                    </table>
                                        {{gray_social_links}}
                                    </table>
                                        <tr>
                                        </tr>
                                    </table>
                                        <tr>
                                        </tr>
                                    </table>
                                    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" class="innertable">
                                        <!-- // Footer Starts Here  -->
                                        <tr>
                                            <td align="center" valign="top" class="footer" style="color: #959595;font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size: 13px;line-height: 16px;">
                                                Sent with care from {{account_name}}<br>
                                                <br>
                                                {{account_address}}
                                        </tr>
                                        <!-- // Footer Ends Here  -->
                                    </table>
                                        <tr>
                                        </tr>
                                    </table></td>
                            </tr>
                        </table></td>
                    </tr>
                </table>
                <!-- // Content Wrapper End -- Change Background Color Here  -->
                <div style="font-size:15px;">&nbsp;</div>
                <div style="font-size:15px;">&nbsp;</div></td>
        </tr>
        <!-- // Content Table Ends Here  --></table>

</center><br>

</body>

Thanks for this!

Your template is almost exactly the same as mine that def truncates.

The only change I made to my rapper, was making the reply above this line actually visible. But for giggles, I will try your wrapper.

I hate the delimiter text line. I’m glad it’s near invisible because we have had several clients that would take it literally when we used CWM and they would reply below our header, right above the line, then their reply wouldn’t make it into CWM.

So literally the only thing different in my wrapper is the color for the “----- REPLY ABOVE THIS LINE TO SEND A RESPONSE -----”. #333333 instead of #E8E8E8. I’m not going to feed my OCD by trying tickets with the default.

On the delimiter text, I had so many attempt to reply in-line only to have their answers blown away!

Don’t know what to say then. It sounds like your token is taking more of a snapshot of the web rather than what it’s meant to, so I’m guessing a support ticket is in order :slight_smile: .

Yup already in yesterday. But it’s great to have your feedback I hand.

Thanks again

I recon it’s that his account perhaps was updated to the new markup messaging system early? I just landed here to try and figure out why we have a character limit now on email. My canned email with full report details of work completed, upgrade recommendations, and other service upsells is now too long… Grrrrr character limits! haha.