System Information - Storage

Free Size is only displayed for the system partition. It would be nice to get the free size for all drives on the system.

From the Physical Drive listing, it is not obvious which of the listed drives IS the system drive. For one I’m looking at where I’m certain the system drive is the SSD, it’s listed as HDD 2, where the data drive that has been added is listed as HDD 1. Seems counterintuitive to what one would naturally think of the lower HDD number being the OS drive.

3 Likes

I agree. There’s more info inside of Syncro Live, which would help in scenarios like this, but if the system is off, you lose that info. There should be a cache of it somewhere.

I would like this feature as well to show the hard drive type in the Storage section of the System Info screen for the device. I would rather not have to go into the background tools to find the information.
Having a field called Media Type that indicates SSD, HDD or Flash would be great.

I don’t understand how this had not had more support.

Storage and disk information and checking are woefully inadequate. Each disk or partition needs to be listed by the assigned drive letter and used/free space reported. I would also like to see SMART checks, especially for SSDs to get reports on wear.

My old RMM also let me know if the drive was a SATA or SSD. That was very helpful.

1 Like