Syncro Service Stopping

I have 2 computers at a customer site that are failing to start the Syncro service. It fails with:

Description

Service cannot be started. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘RepairTech.Common.Tools, Version=1.0.166.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
at Kabuto.Service.ContainerConfiguration.Configure(ContainerBuilder builder)
at Kabuto.Service.HostServiceImplementation…ctor()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
at Kabuto.Service.Runner.RunnerBase.InvokeMethod(String methodNam…

Details

Log Name: Application
Source: Syncro
Event ID: 0
Level: Error
User: null
Task Category: null
Logged: 7/27/2022, 10:57:36 AM

Anyone else seen this?

Normally when I see issues like those, I would tend to look at windows updates. Not sure on the history of your issue, but missing dlls files for example would be more common issue with something being out of date. Other issues could be an AV might have stop/block/and or quarantine some files that again could cause similar reported issue.

Hi @travis,

Support is looking into this and will follow up soon!