Stop Beta Testing on Production

What are you doing? Stop pushing random things to production live. You realize we are literally using the software and you randomly pushing things live then reverting them over and over messes up our ability to do business. This is the most insane production environment i’ve ever seen. Maybe have a testing environment for this nonsense?

5 Likes

@emilyglass I think we need another explanation of how it got to this point once again; this is becoming a constant issue.

4 Likes

If we did this to our clients, they would be upset and looking for another MSP.

4 Likes

Hey folks - Super valid points. I just posted an official statement about this here: https://community.syncromsp.com/t/message-from-ian-regarding-rich-text-release/7057

I’m begining to wonder how much (or little) resources SyncroMSP as a company is actually being spent on the dev team.
Is the dev team large enough to handle what they are being asked to do?
Are they getting enough coffee and snacks?

4 Likes

I always feel when stuff like this happens… its just some random intern that found the production server:) and instead of creating that PR or script check - they release it.

I’m mostly from a programming background so I mean this in good fun of course.

1 Like

A feature update like this needs to be released in small batches of users to minimise the Chaos that ensues when users find its broken, have to roll back, have to apologise profusly, much anger and nashing of teeth/pulling of hair, confidence is rocked.

There must be a best practice on how to do this. Current approach does not appear to be that.

1 Like

In their defense, the rich text editor has been a long time coming and very likely had significant effort put into it. Things happen. I appreciate their work to deliver what we ask for, and every software company on the planet misses things and pushes bugs into production.

If you aren’t making mistakes, you aren’t making progress.

1 Like

Been on leave till today, so a little late to the party…

But there’s a saying I heard that’s quite apt for this - “Everybody has a test environment, not everyone is lucky enough to have a separate production environment.”

1 Like