Syncro System Status:

Splasthtop Dual-screen & Audio

I’m fully transitioned from ScreenConnect to only using the Syncro Splashtop. In Screenconnect there is the option to when the end PC has dual screens to see both screens at the same time. In Splashtop I only can see one at a time. There are instances when I want to see the full picture. How can I fix this?

Also, how do I toggle the audio on and off? Typically I want it off.

TIA!

This is a limitation with the RMM version of Splashtop, nothing Syncro can do unfortunately. Splashtop settings can be enable/disable via registry. https://support-splashtopbusiness.splashtop.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030993692-What-are-the-Windows-Streamer-registry-settings-?utm_device=c&lqid=engine:google|campaignid:15313495363|adid:|gclid:Cj0KCQiA_c-OBhDFARIsAIFg3exQAnCrTjm-42-TC-dqtiUQcu1fJxIsuLzn-f-J8p9rinoKWxMo_E0aAtZtEALw_wcB&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=US_Performance_Max&utm_content=&utm_term=&hsa_acc=9411848004&hsa_cam=10159948508&hsa_grp=&hsa_ad=&hsa_src=x&hsa_tgt=&hsa_kw=&hsa_mt=&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_ver=3&gclid=Cj0KCQiA_c-OBhDFARIsAIFg3exQAnCrTjm-42-TC-dqtiUQcu1fJxIsuLzn-f-J8p9rinoKWxMo_E0aAtZtEALw_wcB

Script:

set-itemproperty -Path HKLM:SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\"Splashtop Inc."\"Splashtop Remote Server"\ -Name "Automute" -value 2
Restart-Service SplashtopRemoteService

As Jimmie mentioned that is not functionality available in the RMM version. You can, however, use the toggle in the header of the Splashtop connection window to switch back and forth between monitors when multiple are present.

Thanks for the excellent info. Do you know if it is possible to select a specific session? For example screenconnect installed on a RDP server will allow me to select which user’s session I want to view. Does that capability exist in Splashtop.

Thanks!

When you open Splashtop, give it a few seconds, you’ll see another icon show up on the toolbar on the left. I was able to use it on an RDS and it worked flawlessly.

2 Likes

I think this one keeps coming up enough it should be part of contract negotiations with Splashtop.

1 Like

Splashtop RMM has been integrated with RMMs for many years. This same request has been asked for many times on those platforms. Splashtop purposely gimps the RMM version to try and force sales with their other licenses. I tried to explain to them that this was the wrong practice. They should be using it as a sales tool to promote their other software. If I only ever used the RMM version, I would never purchase their other products. They strip basic features from the core product. It’s really dumb in my opinion, I can’t see how not allowing dual monitors is helping them in any way. I can’t see how having a shorter reconnect or no reconnect (it’s never worked for me) on the RMM version is helping them.

3 Likes

I have also noticed its quite alot slower than the full version. its seems we are on the basic server and not the premium server you get with the full version.

That’s not the case. Speed tests should be identical to similar machines. It’s a functionality gate only.