Splashtop BYO integration, no connection to endpoint after setup

I want to use the Splashtop BYO option (SOS + unattended devices) and have activated this in Syncro following the instructions in the ‘’ Splashtop Integration - BYO" article. Everything looks fine but when I want to start a Splashtop connection to a device it shortly flashes the Splashtop Business app (which I installed on my local device) but then nothing. The Splashtop RMM version that comes with Syncro still connects. Am I missing anything that I need to setup to get this working?

Open the business app first and leave it running. This will save you a second or 2 and won’t have to see the splash screen. Then try it again. When you first install an agent, it isn’t in the screen automatically. You can hit refresh and it will show up. What happens when you try to launch an agent that’s not in the screen, it fails and then refreshes. It used to actually popup an error, but I noticed in the newer versions it does nothing the first time.

Also, make sure there’s a Splashtop UUID on the computer in the custom field.

Thank you for the ultra fast response!

I have started the Splashtop Business app manually, but I still cannot connect using the Splashtop integration in Syncro. I see the Splashtop UUID in the custom field of the computers. In the Splashtop management console I don’t see any computers showing up yet. I was just wondering if the Streamer that was already installed is tied to the RMM product? Does enabling the Splashtop BYO setup in Syncro update the Streamer even after it is already installed? So far it does not seem to be the case.

The UUID is tied to your business account. It doesn’t get populated from the RMM install, so if you see something in there, then it was already linked, however, you not seeing anything in your console and having a UUID in there isn’t right, assuming you hit the refresh button in the console. It won’t work unless the computer is visible in the console. Syncro should automatically deploy BYO, but it may take a bit to sync. Here’s my deployment script, you can copy the Set UUID part and make a new script with just that. Sometimes Syncro fails to get the UUID and this code will update that field without reinstalling. On the full script, just put in your DCODE.

Import-Module $env:SyncroModule
$workingdir = "c:\temp"
$url = "https://my.splashtop.com/csrs/win"
$file = "$($workingdir)\streamer.exe"
$dcode = "YOURDCODE"

# Test if the working directory exist
    If(!(test-path $workingdir))
        {
        New-Item -ItemType Directory -Force -Path $workingdir
        }

# Download
    Invoke-WebRequest -Uri $url -OutFile $file

# Install
        start-process -wait -Filepath $file -ArgumentList "prevercheck /s /i dcode=$dcode,confirm_d=0,hidewindow=1"
        Start-Sleep -s 3
        Write-Host "Deleting Installer"
        Remove-Item -path $file
        Start-Sleep -s 10

# Set UUID in Syncro
$Splashtop = Get-ItemProperty -Path HKLM:\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\"Splashtop Inc."\"Splashtop Remote Server"
$UUID = $Splashtop.SUUID
    Set-Asset-Field -Name "Splashtop UUID" -Value $UUID

Great stuff. I confess that I am maybe impatient and give it some more time to sync, but I would have expected to see at least a few devices show up in the first hour. I will checkout the script and report back. Thanks for all your help!

You should also get an email any time a device is added or removed from your account. Here are our deployment settings:

We uploaded the Deploy by 12 digit code EXE file, not the easy deploy one. The only other thing is to make sure it’s enabled on the policy.

It does not seem to work if the Streamer is already installed and setup by Syncro as the RMM version. I uninstalled the Streamer and used your script to install Splashtop again and the Computer does appear in the dashboard, so that works completely as expected. The problem is that all the computer that already have the Syncro agent installed and through this also the Splashtop Streamer configured as RMM, are not updated when the Splashtop BYO is activated in Syncro. In the same situation when I run the install script this is also not the case.

I guess I will probably need Splashtop support to get this resolved.

I admit, I had Splashtop before Syncro released the RMM version, so you may be right with them fighting if enabling BYO after. I do have both RMM and BYO enabled and haven’t had an issue. You can mass uninstall and try and fix it, might be faster.
Uninstall Script

Import-Module $env:SyncroModule
$workingdir = "c:\temp"
$url = "https://my.splashtop.com/csrs/win"
$file = "$($workingdir)\streamer.exe"

# Test if the working directory exist
    If(!(test-path $workingdir))
        {
        New-Item -ItemType Directory -Force -Path $workingdir
        }

# Download
    Invoke-WebRequest -Uri $url -OutFile $file

# Install
        start-process -wait -Filepath $file -ArgumentList "msiexec /qn /x setup.msi"
        Start-Sleep -s 3
        Write-Host "Deleting Installer"
        Remove-Item -path $file

I received a reply from Splashtop support:

eric.hua (Splashtop Business - Support)

Feb 3, 2022, 7:16 PST

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Splashtop Support.

“I suspect that there maybe an issue if the Streamer is already installed and registered to the RMM before deploying the Teams version?”

You are correct. If Splashtop Streamer is already deployed via RMM, that will conflict with Splashtop Streamer being installed directly. For the computer to appear on your list, you will need to uninstall and reinstall Splashtop Streamer with the deployment associated with your Splashtop account that is separate from your RMM here: Splashtop - Log in

Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.

Regards,
Splashtop Business Support Team

I finally got it working. It is correct that the Streamer must be re-installed but also the RMM version needs to be disabled or it will automatically reinstall. In a Policy under Remote Access the setting “Enable and Deploy Splashtop for Assets on This Policy” must be disabled, after that it will work correctly.

@Jimmie, thanks again for helping me in the right direction!