Show Asset Name on Recurring Invoice

We have just finished setting up “Recurring Invoices”, they are counting devices through the syncro policy folder asset counter. Now everything is great however my clients want to know for which devices they are being billed, and further more some devices have different prices or some devices may not be in use any longer and the client forgot to take it off the contract. And so on…

So for us this is a must have feature. How about you? Can we get this on Syncro priority list?

1 Like

Hey Shimmy,

How would you like this to be presented? Meaning if this were something we’d do, would you expect this to be a new line item for every asset? If so, would you be okay with multi-page invoices if you had a customer with like 50 assets?

Or, do you think it would work better if it was just part of the recurring line item description and was like “Asset 1, Asset 2, …”?

2 Likes

I second this I would like it to count contacts so I don’t have to do a exec summary report that doesnt send anyway unless I manually trigger it

I would like it to be Contact1,Contact2, aswell as Asset 1, Asset 2 as part of the line item

1 Like

Hi Andy thanks for the reply.

I would like it to be part of the line item description so it looks nice. I now do it manually but can’t keep up with it because companies swap in and out new devices weekly.

This was a suggestion that I had discussed with Andy a while back. I think we should have a template tag that is available for each dynamic counter. Like contact counter, asset counter, and policy folder. If you want to build this out to have the most customizability for everyone’s liking. Maybe create two tags one for contact name and the other for contact email. Also, for asset/policy counter one for friendly name and one for hostname.

@Andy I’m indifferent about whether its comma separated or each on a new line. Would it be any harder to have different tags so the end user can select how they want it.

Just my two cents on how to handle them flowing of the page. I’m going to take a huge leap and assume most companies that have 50+ assets aren’t wasting time over verifying exactly which asset or employee they’re being billed for. It’s mostly the smaller companies that have <20 endpoints that will notice 1 too many being billed and naturally want to know how we arrived at that billing number. But for the MSPs that have the need to include it on the bill, I don’t think they’ll care too much about it flowing onto another page, it sure beats manually editing it each month.

Well it wouldn’t be a different template tag if it had to be individual line items. A template tag would only work within the confines of a single line. I agree it’s not really needed for larger customers.

I do like the template tag idea the best so far, and since everyone seems to be okay with the comma separated piece, that’s likely the way to go if this were something we were to pick up at some point.

1 Like