Screenshot Privacy Option

Currently, assets have the option to request access from the user before taking over the computer. However, that privacy protection does not extend to screenshots. There should be an additional feature that allows users to request that screenshots will not be shared with Syncro without their explicit consent.

2 Likes

I doubt this will becoming a thing because of dev time needed. When you browse or refresh the page, it refreshes the thumbnail automatically. There’s nothing in the RMM agent itself for consent at the moment. There is an option in Admin > RMM settings to disable it globally, and also in group permissions, but nothing for 1 offs. As a workaround, they could add this to policies so it can be turned off at the machine level without building the consent system into the agent.

I really like the idea of putting this in as a policy option. The option of whether or not to install Splashtop is already a policy option, and I think it is consistent to put the remote screenshot option in there too.

I don’t agree at all that this would take a long time to implement. Here’s what would be required

Old code:

AssetPageGet(int assetNumber)
{

String ScreenshotLink = PollAssetForNewScreenshot(assetNumber)

}

Old code:

AssetPageGet(int assetNumber)
{

if (!PrivacyBitSet(assetNumber)) {
String ScreenshotLink = PollAssetForNewScreenshot(assetNumber)
”}
else {

}
}

Should take a skilled developer about an hour to write the code, and maybe 2 to test it…

I would like the ability to turn on/off the screen shot capability per client.

1 Like