RMM Alert updated field

Hi guys,

I can’t seem to find an answer to this, what events happen to change the date/time in the alert’s updated field? At first I thought it was if the alert (eg. RAM usage) is triggered again while it is still in the alert list. But that doesn’t seem to be the case as I believe (correct me if I’m wrong) that an alert being triggered again while an active alert is in the list still generates a new alert entry in the asset activity list…?

I hope that makes sense…

Thanks.

Alerts are automatically deduplicated. So if it triggers again it would be updated rather than generate another alert. That’s my understanding anyway. What leads you to believe otherwise?

Thanks Isaac, that’s how I expected it to work but I was really looking for confirmation. I have an asset that had the same alert twice today but based on what you have said I think must have dismissed the first alert. So to clarify the update field always shows the latest occurrence of the alert, right?

Correct. Works the same way if you programmable tell the alert to clear as well. Keep in mind - its possible for it to alert again if you tell it to do so as there is no delay between when the alert comes in and when you clear it.

Great, many thanks guys!