Remote Access is disabled on this Policy

I am having issues with new machines not accepting the Splashtop install. I have enabled it within the policy by default, but when I click on Remote Access, I receive the error of “Remote Access is disabled on this Policy.” Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Im having the same issue with one I justed installed on Friday Dec 17. When I go to effective policy, the screen is blank. First time this has happened to me. Steve did you figure it out?

Not yet. My policy claims this is active and should work.

You are most likely in the root/parent policy, need to move the computer to one of the policy at the next level, like for workstations, servers, etc.

If you haven’t already, try resaving the policy, also make sure the asset is under the right folder if it has a blank effective policy. Upload a new EXE into your Splashtop integration, and lastly, use a script to see if it will install, if not, there’s something blocking it. I have provided a script below.

Import-Module $env:SyncroModule
$workingdir = "c:\temp"
$url = "https://my.splashtop.com/csrs/win"
$file = "$($workingdir)\streamer.exe"
$dcode = "YOURDCODE"

# Test if the working directory exist
    If(!(test-path $workingdir))
        {
        New-Item -ItemType Directory -Force -Path $workingdir
        }

# Download
    Invoke-WebRequest -Uri $url -OutFile $file

# Install
        start-process -wait -Filepath $file -ArgumentList "prevercheck /s /i dcode=$dcode,confirm_d=0,hidewindow=1"
        Start-Sleep -s 3
        Write-Host "Deleting Installer"
        Remove-Item -path $file
        Start-Sleep -s 10

# Set UUID in Syncro
$Splashtop = Get-ItemProperty -Path HKLM:\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\"Splashtop Inc."\"Splashtop Remote Server"
$UUID = $Splashtop.SUUID
    Set-Asset-Field -Name "Splashtop UUID" -Value $UUID

I just cloned the existing policy and moved the machine to that policy where it seemed to work. Now I have moved back to my main policy and BD is also now installing. I’m guessing the policy didn’t actually save the options I added.

This is one of the fallouts of the policy folders not auto expanding. Most likely when you created your policy installer you did not expand the policy folder and pick one of the child folders.

1 Like

I just checked this and you’re 100% on the money. Thanks for the information.