Patch Management Reboot Message - What Does It Look Like - Can User Ignore?

Does anyone have a screenshot of what the patch management message looks like when I select Prompt the user for a reboot with a message or Prompt with message and attempt reboot at specified time in a patch management policy?
Is there an option for the user to close / ignore the alert?

Thanks.

If I recall, it’s a large white background notification that matches well with Syncro’s light web theme but poorly with windows, so it looks kind of out of place. I think it had our logo on but I’m not quite sure. I do not have a screenshot though.

It should look something like this, but with the message and logo you set. They can Allow/Deny it if you have it set to prompt them.

If the User clicks Deny the machine will not reboot until the specified time or if they click Allow the machine will begin the reboot process(this could take some time based on Windows etc]. If the User is not available Windows will reboot at the time specified in the Policy as expected.

Awesome, thank you for this.

If you change your logo, it will not update in that dialog, mine has not.

Hi Ken, it should update it as long as the logo is to the specification of 200x200px or smaller. This would be the logo under Admin > Account Profile.

If this isn’t showing up on your reboot popup, go ahead and send us a ticket at help@syncromsp.com

I’m still a bit confused about the difference between these two. From the KB

Prompt the user for a reboot with a message : The Agent will present a pop up that will use the message specified in the Windows Patch Policy. The default message if that is blank is that Updates were installed and the machine needs to update.

Prompt with message and attempt reboot at specified time : When the Windows updates complete installing, the Agent will present the message specified in the Windows Patch Policy. Default message if left blank is that updates were installed and the machine needs to update. The Agent will reboot automatically at the specified time that is entered in the Windows Patch Policy.

So does the first one just never reboot if they click deny and the second one will reboot at the time specified below that setting if they click deny? If their computer is off at the specified time, will it reboot at the next time the specified time happens if it’s on?

1 Like