Over a year since any community scripts approved aside from Syncro or Cyberdrain, what gives?

Anyone else noticed the last script not from the aforementioned was added 6th July last year?

Are Syncro not approving these anymore? I wrote what I thought was a nifty server role discovery script over 4 months ago I was really proud of :frowning:

8 Likes

Andy said in in what’s new Syncro video he was looking to review some yesterday…

1 Like

Yea it’s been abandoned for a while, I think most of us have stopped bothering to submit things.

1 Like

Yep, I quit submitting stuff.

1 Like

I submitted a few in the beginning and gave up because they were never approved.

This is an area where we can all really help each other. Here’s to hoping that it becomes a priority again. (And community sharing of ticket automations!)

2 Likes

I have attempted to share three over the last year and all were ignored. Please Syncro, we have some good heads here and it would save us a lot of time if we could use scripts others have invested their time in.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I too submitted things at least 4 months ago. I’ve asked Support about it and they were “looking into it”. Never heard back unfortunately. I just gave up.

1 Like

Ditto to everything above. I probably submitted 10 or so scripts a couple of years ago that I thought would be pretty helpful for the community and … nothing. They don’t show up in the library, no feedback from Syncro, nothing. I asked support about it and was essentially blown off.

It’s frustrating because other RMMs have VERY robust script libraries. It’s also frustrating because I’m sure people here are trying to share lots of great scripts that I would probably really appreciate, and hopefully some here would get some good use out of mine.

I mean , the feature is advertised prominently on the website :frowning: Scripting and Automation for RMM & PSA Software | SyncroMSP.

Also funny in case no one has seen it: https://mspscripts.com/. I asked support about that site a couple of years ago when I stumbled on it and no one knew what I was talking about.

This is something that’s bothered me for a long time so I’d really like to hear from Syncro how they’re going to address this.

3 Likes

This is marked solved. “The solution doesn’t work for me”.

This is worth a bump for attention. Even if you don’t rely on user generated scripts, it’s unacceptable for Syncro to keep advertising and offering a feature that has been abandoned on the back end, especially with no explanation to paying customers.

3 Likes

Don’t worry fixed it this is good, yeah?

This is considered “Solved”? We recently started using Syncro heavily since our initial onboarding, and I was hoping to see more going on in the shared scripting repository.

Is there any manner of GitHub or other such common location where others are sharing scripts that are known to work that could be reviewed and cut/pasted/imported, and/or where I should be looking to publish ours?

No other common locations really, no. If you search ‘syncro’ on github you will find probably a dozen people that have uploaded their own scripts or scripts of others.

2 Likes

You must approve the submitted scripts. That is the topic.