November's CyberDrain Scripts Are Here!

We now have three new CyberDrain scripts available for you all in our Community Scripting Library.

1.) Monitor BSODs - monitor BSOD events as well as providing the specific driver that caused the BSOD

2.) Deploy WiFi Profile - Deploys a WiFi profile to machines

3.) Monitor WLAN Reports - Monitors if WLAN reports have been generated and triggers an alert if it hasn’t

2 Likes

Thanks Andy!

Curious. What is the difference between the BSOD alert that is built in to Syncro and the Monitor BSODs script above?

The primary difference is that the script will target the specific driver that resulted in the BSOD.

1 Like

This is the output I’m getting from the script on a computer with a recent BSOD:

Unhealthy - BSOD found. Check Diagnostics
error> System.InvalidOperationException: A circular reference was detected while serializing an object of type 'System.Management.Automation.PSParameterizedProperty'.
error> Stack:
error>   at ConvertTo-Json20, C:\ProgramData\Syncro\bin\module.psm1: line 299
error>   at Call-SyncroApiEx, C:\ProgramData\Syncro\bin\module.psm1: line 251
error>   at Call-SyncroApi, C:\ProgramData\Syncro\bin\module.psm1: line 231
error>   at Rmm-Alert, C:\ProgramData\Syncro\bin\module.psm1: line 32
error>   at <ScriptBlock>, C:\ProgramData\Syncro\bin\76ef8e67-af89-4adc-a384-486f7e4476e6.ps1: line 27
error>   at <ScriptBlock>, <No file>: line 1
error>   at <ScriptBlock>, <No file>: line 1
error> Call-SyncroApi: failure

Same here:

Unhealthy - BSOD found. Check Diagnostics
error> System.InvalidOperationException: A circular reference was detected while serializing an object of type ‘System.Management.Automation.PSParameterizedProperty’.
error> Stack:
error> at ConvertTo-Json20, C:\ProgramData\Syncro\bin\module.psm1: line 299
error> at Call-SyncroApiEx, C:\ProgramData\Syncro\bin\module.psm1: line 251
error> at Call-SyncroApi, C:\ProgramData\Syncro\bin\module.psm1: line 231
error> at Rmm-Alert, C:\ProgramData\Syncro\bin\module.psm1: line 32
error> at , C:\ProgramData\Syncro\bin\c4e4fe13-c702-4a0b-b350-1af410ebba66.ps1: line 17
error> at , : line 1
error> at , : line 1
error> Call-SyncroApi: failure

Gotcha, thanks!

More characters: because apparently the forum doesn’t want people thanking each other :stuck_out_tongue:

@anon77823243 The forum defaults to a minimum character length to avoid long threads with a bunch of +1’s and ‘thanks’ without additional content which can make things harder to follow. See Rule #7

You can hit the little heart icon on a post to give a thanks. Getting and receive likes this way will also unlock badges :octo_cool:

2 Likes

I made an update to the BSOD script that was provided by CyberDrain. For the folks that were seeing an issue, can you please import the updated script and let me know if it’s working for you now? Thanks.

1 Like

Works now, will test more, but it works on 2 endpoints.

Thanks

Ok great, thanks for the update. Sorry about the issues with that one.

This must be a dumb question but can someone tell me where the info goes from this script about the bsod? I get Unhealthy - BSOD found. Check Diagnostics in the console window. Thanks

The last line uses Syncro’s PowerShell module commands to open an RMM alert for the asset in question.

Thanks for the assistance Andy.

1 Like

Is this script supposed to be ran daily on assets?

I would like to utilize it in a way where the script runs as an automated remediation.

After adding this script I have two different triggers in AR. I have the default BSOD trigger and a new “Custom Script: BSOD” trigger.

Can you elaborate on using this script in my context?

For the WiFi Profile deployment, we have hidden networks for our internal equipment. We pushed this and it hit the machine, but not connect. We tweaked the SSIDConfig section as such:

<SSIDConfig>
        <SSID>
            <hex>$($HexSSID)</hex>
            <name>$($SSID)</name>
        </SSID>
        <nonBroadcast>true</nonBroadcast>
    </SSIDConfig>

The difference is the true which allows it to connect to hidden networks. This should not affect those networks that are broadcasting, so I imagine adding this to the CyberDrain default script would be a good idea.

This was based on information found here: windows - Connect to hidden WiFi using netsh commands - Stack Overflow