New CyberDrain Scripts Are Now Available In The Community Library

Hey everyone, we’ve released a new batch of CyberDrain PowerShell scripts which are now available in our community library.

1. Monitor Office Release

Monitors if the current version of Office is a supported release, alerts if office is not supported any more, or if the version is nearing the end of support date.

1. Monitor iSCSI Sessions

Monitors if iSCSI sessions are online and available.

1. Monitor DFS(R) File Shares

Monitors DFS replication file shares and alerts if replication is failing, or if a large backlog exists.

1. Generate Device Audit Log

Generates a quick device audit log, helps to compare configurations or simply report to clients what happened on their machines. See Documenting with PowerShell: creating a device audit log for more information, or a version to use with documentation systems.

1. Monitor Cluster Shared Volumes(CSV) Status

Monitors the status of cluster shared volumes on Windows Servers.

1. CVE-2022-30190 Follina And Search Fix

Fixes Follina(CVE-2022-30190) and the related Windows Search (No CVE available yet) exploits. Able to revert by changing dropdown.

1 Like

These are great, especially the Office version one. One question though, is it supposed to write to alerts? I ran the script on a bunch of assets and I have to click into each asset and open the script output to see the results.

Would it make sense to get a little write up on these for those of us that aren’t script experts? I assume there is probably a way to modify it to write to the alerts, but I myself don’t know how to do that.

Where you see the lines that say “RMM-Alert”. Those are the lines and the message that is supposed to generate an alert.

So if it doesn’t meet those conditions, it will not generate an alert. Based on the script, looks like it alerts for 2 different conditions.

else {
    Write-Host "Not using the latest version in the $($UsedChannel.Channel) Channel. Check if version is still supported"
    $OurVersion = $CloudVersionInfo.OfficeVersions | Where-Object -Property legacyVersion -EQ $ReportedVersion
    if ($OurVersion.endOfSupportDate -eq "0001-01-01T00:00:00Z") {
        Write-Host "This version does not yet have an end-of-support date. You are running a current version, but not the latest. Your version is $($ReportedVersion) and the latest version is $($UsedChannel.latestVersion)"
    }
    if ($OurVersion.endOfSupportDate) {
        Rmm-Alert -Category 'Office_Alert' -Body "this version will not be supported at $($OurVersion.endOfSupportDate). Your version is $($ReportedVersion) and the latest version is $($UsedChannel.latestVersion)"
        exit 1
    }
    else {
        Rmm-Alert -Category 'Office_Alert' -Body "Could not find version in the supported versions list. This version is most likely no longer support. Your version is $($ReportedVersion) and the latest version is $($UsedChannel.latestVersion). For all supported versions, see script output."
        $CloudVersionInfo.OfficeVersions
        exit 1
    }
}

Oh I see thanks. So if it finds no issue, no alert is written, but if there is an issue it creates an alert. Good to know