Mac agent slowing down older Macs

So I put the new agent on a couple Macs last week that are from around 7 years ago but running the latest OS they can be. Both of them apparently slowed down considerably after. I had to take the agent off while I figure out what to do with that client. Mixed environment but it tells me there may still be some issues with the new agent.

Has anyone else had this happen lately? I’d send into support but I had to delete the agent. I may be able to get it back on one to help with support, but before I do, thought I’d post here.

I’d open a support case to at least find out “officially supported versions”.

We have 1 or 2 devices that are not old that have had significant performance issues but I haven’t been able to actually get on any when there was an issue to try to figure out what is going on.

the report is that Syncro and Bitdefender are taking basically all system resources.

We’ve got the supported versions listed here: https://help.syncromsp.com/hc/en-us/articles/1260803468009-Syncro-Mac-Agent#supported_macos_versions

Currently, our agent supports Monterey (12), Big Sur (11), Catalina (10.15), Mojave (10.14) and High Sierra (10.13). The Mac Agent supports the Apple M1 processor.

As an unofficial side note, if the Mac version has an update available and you can update it, we have seen this resolve some issues.