Linking Splashtop Streamer to Syncro

Hi there,

Having some issues with Splashtop Streamer, hoping for a bit of assistance. Have uninstalled/reinstalled Syncro agent, Streamer etc but it doesn’t link properly to the asset. It has a UUID that showsin the registery and as a custom field but I can’t seem to get it to connect.

I used Revo to fully delete all registry entries and reinstall, the Splashtop official Streamer uninstaller, deleted the Program Files folder and even deleted everything to do with Syncro and all its folders/keys. It’s missing the deployment info linking back to us as shown below

splashtop error 3

Done this in 20 different ways and I still keep getting the above error, I’m sure I’m missing something really dumb, if anyone could shed some light please?

Might be worth just establishing some baseline information.

Windows or Mac - Looks like Windows by the PC name but worth Knowing.

Have you attempted to restart the streamer services?

The name of the PC is different in each screenshot have you just renamed it on the Syncro side?

You should be able to eliminate Syncro from the equation. The agent is talking to the Streamer, but the Streamer is saying it’s offline. If there’s a UUID in Syncro, then you are using BYO? If so, you can look in the ST control panel and try connecting directly, however, from your SS, you are not using the BYO link. The built-in ST doesn’t use the UUID like the BYO.

Just in case the Streamer that is being installed is old, here’s an update script that’s safe to use no matter what flavor of ST you are using.

$workingdir = "c:\temp"
$url = "https://my.splashtop.com/csrs/win"
$file = "$($workingdir)\streamer.exe"

# Test if the working directory exist
    If(!(test-path $workingdir))
        {
        New-Item -ItemType Directory -Force -Path $workingdir
        }

# Download
    Invoke-WebRequest -Uri $url -OutFile $file

# Install
        start-process -wait -Filepath $file -ArgumentList "prevercheck /s /i hidewindow=1"
        Start-Sleep -s 3
        Write-Host "Deleting Installer"
        Remove-Item -path $file