Emsisoft shows the 3 endpoints as Protected on their MSP Portal. However, the endpoint (graphic shows the message) keeps popping up a message that an additional license is needed for the endpoint. How should I remediate this problem?
Note: I had to change the affected endpoint to a policy without Emsisoft so the user could read his email. It is currently protected only by Windows Defender.
2 hours later…
Now it happened to another workstation. Moved to a non-EAM policy. Will move the 3rd and last one to that policy too.
Since I got zero response from staff to help me with this…
I removed EAM from all endpoints via policy (after hours). Let them run with Defender only. EAM Portal prompted me to keep or delete these EPs from their portal. I deleted them. I rebooted all EPs.
Later than evening I applied a Syncro policy including EAM. I ran my script to apply the EAM installation token an hour after I switched policies (standard practice here).
I checked back later. Syncro showed all EPs having EAM fully operational. EAM Portal now had 3 licenses used of 3 and showed all EPs a (Protected).
So, once again, this was a issue cased by the integration failing to communicate licensing properly.
Hi John, those were good steps! Thank you for sharing them. Apologies we didn’t get to this sooner. You can always call us at 856-579-6276 or send in a ticket to email@example.com if you need help right away. I’m glad to see they are applied properly now.